• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's go Holtz and G5

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

skip holtz went 3-9 in his 3rd year here. he was awful for us and it was getting worse.

who cares what he's done elsewhere. he was a failure here.

He wasn't a failure for 3 years here which is what CWT is flirting with. You do recall that year two under Holtz started with a win at Notre Dame?

he progressively got worse each year. as Leavitt's recruits left, our team got worse. he was a failure.

Which of those recruits left in the middle of year two?

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

You all seem to forget that Holtz's second year the team was one win away from a bowl game and had 5 one score losses. All this talk of USF being number two, Holtz had them ranked 14 going into the Pitt game.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_South_Florida_Bulls_football_team

Edited by slick1ru2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You all seem to forget that BOTH Taggart and Holtz suck ass.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

How very TBP of this thread to turn into a Skip haters vs. Skip lovers war.   :hijack:   this was supposed to be a positive thread for Skip/LA Tech and the rest of the G5s in bowl games.  

Now, it's:

pissing-contest.jpg

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

^^^^^^

I shall smite thee with my urine. :popcorn:

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Was USF ever number 1 in take aways AND scoring defense? It's not just that Holtz is winning at LATech but the manner they are doing it. Capping off the season with a win against a Big 10 team no less. I have to wonder if firing him after a season and a half of losses was wise. It seems more like a knee jerk reaction from losing that USF fans aren't used to experiencing ignoring the reality that all college teams go through losing periods. From all the talk on this board, I expected his LaTech team to look more like Vandy did this year.

Holtz went 4-8 with La Tech his first year after being handed a program that went 17-8 the previous 2 years.  I'd say giving Holtz credit for one winning season there with a transfer QB is much more a knee jerk reaction than USF firing him after he took over and we had noticeable declines every single season under him.  We went 4-16 in his last 20 games here not to mention that the 2-10 debacle last year is atleast 50% his fault for leaving the cupboard bare with a team full of mentally and physically weak players.  It is beyond baffling how any of you can continue to defend him.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,734
  • Days Won:  425

You all seem to forget that Holtz's second year the team was one win away from a bowl game and had 5 one score losses. All this talk of USF being number two, Holtz had them ranked 14 going into the Pitt game.

Which would have been great if there wasn't a 2012 ....

I agree with Ga that these conversations get to the freaking ridiculous level at the attacking and defending of the two coaches. Facts are Skip, based on where they were when he left, had success at two programs before coming here. He did not have success here based on the program was left. CWT had success at one before coming here. The jury is still out on both at their current schools but Skip definitely has the lead at this point in time. What does all this prove? Nothing, except that USF seems, at this point, to be a leper like program to anyone without the initials CJL ...

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

we were 1-6 in conference in his 2nd year

who cares where they ranked a team after week 4 with wins against FAMU, Ball State and UTEP

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I long for the days a win against FAMU wasn't an accomplishment.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

The good news is that CWT has fired two straight OC's and he added the DC this year and DBs coach (who has accomplished far more in his career than CWT ever has) just for grins.  

Those are the signs of a coach that has a team pointed in the right direction, if I've ever seen one.