• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Let's go Holtz and G5

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,633
  • Days Won:  424

Was USF ever number 1 in take aways AND scoring defense? It's not just that Holtz is winning at LATech but the manner they are doing it. Capping off the season with a win against a Big 10 team no less. I have to wonder if firing him after a season and a half of losses was wise. It seems more like a knee jerk reaction from losing that USF fans aren't used to experiencing ignoring the reality that all college teams go through losing periods. From all the talk on this board, I expected his LaTech team to look more like Vandy did this year.

It wasn't just that we lost. It was the way we lost. The team was putting forth no effort and it was miserable to watch. Sure watching Willie coached teams is miserable to - but at least they show effort.

Again, I don't see that in his current team or coaching staff. And I can't tell you how many times in the chat room this year I heard the team gave up or cwt lost the team.

I had no idea there was such an impeccable source .... Could you tell which players were in there and saying that?

The same ones that said Holtz was playing golf instead of Tweeting "ring, ring, ring".

Exactly. Both bs sources ....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  1,720
  • Days Won:  3

USF had, arguably, its best season under Holtz.

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  1,768
  • Days Won:  1

Thats not even remotely true.  Not arguable at all.  2010 isn't even the same boat as 2007.  I can easily make arguments for 2008 and 2009 being better years as well. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Thats not even remotely true.  Not arguable at all.  2010 isn't even the same boat as 2007.  I can easily make arguments for 2008 and 2009 being better years as well. 

Holtz had the best USF season in the last five, and that isn't even an argument.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822
  • Days Won:  0

Holtz had the best USF season in the last five, and that isn't even an argument.

That's excluding all of Leavitt's years. Leviathon's point was that USF arguably had its best season under Holtz. 

I'd call the 2010 season the 5th or 6th best season USF has had in its short history. Nowhere close to the best season USF football has had.

Edited by Sipher

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

That's excluding all of Leavitt's years. Leviathon's point was that USF arguably had its best season under Holtz. 

I'd call the 2010 season the 5th or 6th best season USF has had in its short history. Nowhere close to the best season USF football has had.

But that is irrelevant to my point.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  98
  • Days Won:  0

Which season did USF finished unranked that was better than another season they finished unranked?

A USF Memoir.