• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Offensive Coaching

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Those big scoring games were against FCS and non-BCS schools (and B1G bottom feeders). Any time he ran into a legitimately talented defense his offense sucked. He won't have the benefit of superior talent against the better schools in the American.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Willie is still calling the plays? Probably time to start a "what HC candidates are available for 2016 thread!"

It seems not unlikely Harlan's already thought of that...Hope may be in position to step in mid-2015 if things go south in the first 6 or so games...

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  2,114
  • Days Won:  2

Those big scoring games were against FCS and non-BCS schools (and B1G bottom feeders). Any time he ran into a legitimately talented defense his offense sucked. He won't have the benefit of superior talent against the better schools in the American.

We play these teams!

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Willie is still calling the plays? Probably time to start a "what HC candidates are available for 2016 thread!"

It seems not unlikely Harlan's already thought of that...Hope may be in position to step in mid-2015 if things go south in the first 6 or so games...

So we have a chance against one of the first six... SEE YA!

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,025
  • Days Won:  38

I'm so confused by the new setup, but I hope it works!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118
  • Days Won:  1

CWT will get the whole year.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

CWT will get the whole year.

7 losses and he see's the hatch

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think he was bad at calling plays.  I thought the Wisconsin game was nice.  It was the inability of the players to do what he wanted them to do. Frankly it was not their gifting to be a power run game.  We are not going to have mammoth O line that he wants.  I think going back to a spread type offense will be just what we need. Even if he fails it gets us ready for the next coach. 

Are you serious? How many times did we run the ball on 3rd and 7-10? Countless times. Drove the field against Memphis at the beginning of the game, had 3rd and 7 inside the red zone. He ran a draw. Memphis averaged 34 points per game. FGs were not going to get the job done. I can only think of a handful of plays where I said wow that was a good play call. There are way too many times I can think of where I said  :wtf:  :facepalm: .

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Did somebody say big scoring games? What is that?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

I dont think he was bad at calling plays.  I thought the Wisconsin game was nice.  It was the inability of the players to do what he wanted them to do. Frankly it was not their gifting to be a power run game.  We are not going to have mammoth O line that he wants.  I think going back to a spread type offense will be just what we need. Even if he fails it gets us ready for the next coach. 

Are you serious? How many times did we run the ball on 3rd and 7-10? Countless times. Drove the field against Memphis at the beginning of the game, had 3rd and 7 inside the red zone. He ran a draw. Memphis averaged 34 points per game. FGs were not going to get the job done. I can only think of a handful of plays where I said wow that was a good play call. There are way too many times I can think of where I said  :wtf:  :facepalm: .

That's because people focus on things to support their feelings. How many times can you remember a play that was there but failed due to execution?