• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Jobs open? Let's speculate on coaching hires

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Shannon is a pipe dream, c'mon.

This.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

If I'm Harlan, I just tell CWT, "You're 95% fired already. You're not my guy. I'm not going to be judged as an AD based on your failure. If you some how manage to convince me to keep you around after 2015, I look like a genius for sticking with you. If things stay the same, I get to bring in my guy. So, to get to the point, fire whoever you want and keep whoever you want. It's your ass, not mine. Close the door on your way out."

My guess is that this message was communicated to CWT in far more professional, tactful, but in no less uncertain terms. 

Probably why I don't get many management opportunities.

:D

Either way, (unless there is some kind of miracle) we, as fans, get the privilege of sitting through another season of the same crap.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  361
  • Days Won:  0

IMO this is Absolutely a desperation move. It's very hard to envision how this can turn out as a positive for 2015. Cant imagine you could attract quality prospects with this much uncertainty not to mention what it will do to recruiting.

I believe that Harlen put the pressure on and Taggart,s response mirrored his coaching decisions ,where he panicked under the pressure and almost always made the wrong call. I also believe his weakness in this area trickled down through his whole team and staff. He does a great job selling but lacks in his delivery.

All this mess because of an "A H "reporter a weak student athlete and as history is showing the worst AD at a major University

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

IMO this is Absolutely a desperation move. It's very hard to envision how this can turn out as a positive for 2015. Cant imagine you could attract quality prospects with this much uncertainty not to mention what it will do to recruiting.

I believe that Harlen put the pressure on and Taggart,s response mirrored his coaching decisions ,where he panicked under the pressure and almost always made the wrong call. I also believe his weakness in this area trickled down through his whole team and staff. He does a great job selling but lacks in his delivery.

All this mess because of an "A H "reporter a weak student athlete and as history is showing the worst AD at a major University

I have no connections or any information, but this is also my theory.  If there is no more to this move than firing the 3 assistants, then this is not a solution...seems more like a political move--symbolism over substance.  Hmm.  Can we think of anyone we know who demonstrates that behavior pattern?

I guess we need to wait and see who comes on to fill these spots, but if it's just a bunch of chumps and noobs then we will have a better idea about this.  

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  847
  • Days Won:  1

How about Tony Levine for OC? That guy won't be unemployed for long.

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,023
  • Days Won:  38

We need fresh scapegoat meat. Who's in?

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Cartman represents the coaches at this point

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

^^^^^  hahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahahahaahaha

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I don't know.  The defense improved all year.  Yeah they had weak points but they lost a lot of talent last year and they took time to build up again.  The defense was alright.  Not sure the DC deserved the can.

As for offense, well we all know who is calling the offensive plays.  I don't suppose keeping our OC would have done much good anyway.  He probably wanted out to go somewhere else in the first place XD 

Don't know how we convince people to sign a 2 year contract with us unless we show some big signs of growing up this offseason.  If we don't grow up, we'll blow up again next year and another 4-win season with your only wins against some of the worst teams in the country will send Willie down the path of his predecessor.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  0

So now Travaris Robinson is swirling as candidate who has no DC experience???  I see we are swinging.  Maybe we catch lightning and get lucky. If we have learned anything is just because someone coached under someone doesnt make them equivalent. Ala Taggart - Harbaugh, Ala Skip Holtz-Lou Holtz.

:FIREdevil: