• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

does Taggart believe in his players?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

If he keeps saying he doesn't have the right people, then it seems he doesn't.

I'd much rather hear him say he thinks his guys have the potential to beat anybody, and he's working on developing the players and turn them into a winning team.

It must suck to be the players and hear your coach say he needs better ones to win games.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

It's Taggart's job to get the right people for his system so him blaming the players is a really bad thing to see for any potential recruit. It basically shows that the coach will throw you under the bus if your are not good. Taggart should have done what any good coach does the first couple of years and adjust his system to meet what the players can do and use his system once he builds them up for it to be effective. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

It's Taggart's job to get the right people for his system so him blaming the players is a really bad thing to see for any potential recruit. It basically shows that the coach will throw you under the bus if your are not good. 

The fact that Taggart would offer a recruit should tell the kid that he is the right person for the job, no?  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

Bigger question - Do the players believe in Taggart?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Bigger question - Do the players believe in Taggart?

No, locker room is dicey.  Many players don't like Taggart but it seems to be predominantly players not recruited by Taggart. As a head coach he is very abrasive (2nd hand info) and supposedly plays favorites to a fault. Maybe, a big maybe, that has played a significant role in how the team has performed.  We can only hope since it seems Taggart is in our short term future, at least. 

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

The only thing Taggart believes in is running the same plays and hoping to get lucky. First down- run the left, second down- run up the middle, third and 8- you know its going to be a 4 yard pass to Welch or someone else who has almost no catching ability.

He pulls players at the wrong time (white/flowers), he swapped starters with impunity as well. Maybe the only safe play is Mack, but maybe not. He was high on Johnson and then he was gone like a fart in the wind.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

and supposedly plays favorites to a fault

Anyone that was watching the team this year knows this is a fact and not speculation.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,261
  • Days Won:  1

It's Taggart's job to get the right people for his system so him blaming the players is a really bad thing to see for any potential recruit. It basically shows that the coach will throw you under the bus if your are not good.

The fact that Taggart would offer a recruit should tell the kid that he is the right person for the job, no?

depends on the relationship between Taggart and if he is one of his favorites. He might think he is but if he doesn't play up to the level Taggart likes he won't be playing for long

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

College coaches (and professors, FTM) should NEVER throw a player (student) under the bus. It's their JOB to develop these young adults.

Edited by charsibb

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  953
  • Days Won:  6

If I'm the coach and I taught you everything I was supposed to, and you still don't execute, I'm calling you out. I did my job and you didn't do yours, it's only fair.