• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Football Staff Changes Coming Per Tweet

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Anyone fired up for the 2015 season?

I'm pumped about tailgating in 2015, not much else.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

Listened to some of the coaches show last night. You can tell Taggart fully believes the way out of this is to recruit. He mentioned nothing about philosophy or trying to do things different. He believes he needs better players. While I believe we need to upgrade the talent level, I also think the coaches need to self scout themselves and see if they need to change and do things different with regards to scheme, etc, I heard none of that. It was all about recruiting and competing. He is one stubborn SOB.

Muschamp was the same way. He brought in 3 different OCs and nothing changed because he was the problem. It cost him his job and will ultimately cost Willie his. We unfortunately have to sit by and watch the carnage unfold until we can afford to fire this clown.

He won't say it, he'll lose face and look like he doesn't know how to coach. We'll just have to see what he does.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Listened to some of the coaches show last night. You can tell Taggart fully believes the way out of this is to recruit. He mentioned nothing about philosophy or trying to do things different. He believes he needs better players. While I believe we need to upgrade the talent level, I also think the coaches need to self scout themselves and see if they need to change and do things different with regards to scheme, etc, I heard none of that. It was all about recruiting and competing. He is one stubborn SOB.

Muschamp was the same way. He brought in 3 different OCs and nothing changed because he was the problem. It cost him his job and will ultimately cost Willie his. We unfortunately have to sit by and watch the carnage unfold until we can afford to fire this clown.

He won't say it, he'll lose face and look like he doesn't know how to coach. We'll just have to see what he does.

He is right though. 

Everyone and their mother can see that under Holtz year 3 and into this year, no one on the field wanted to punch anyone in the mouth. Every was getting outrun, out-muscled, etc. It's sad. 

Maybe Taggart does have a thing or two to learn about game logistics and management, but there is no doubt that he sees a bad need for upgrading the talent and culture on this team. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

So when are these changes coming? 2015?

Today marks a week since the final game.  I'm guessing that if there are no changes by today or tomorrow, there won't be any.  Remember, it wasn't exactly an authoritative tweet that spoke of coming changes. 

Last year we didn't find out until January that the OC and QB coach had been ousted weeks before.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So when are these changes coming? 2015?

Today marks a week since the final game.  I'm guessing that if there are no changes by today or tomorrow, there won't be any.  Remember, it wasn't exactly an authoritative tweet that spoke of coming changes. 

Last year we didn't find out until January that the OC and QB coach had been ousted weeks before.

Actually, there is a recruiting dead period coming up.  Wouldn't be the worst time to make a change if you're going to do that.  

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

He is right though. 

Everyone and their mother can see that under Holtz year 3 and into this year, no one on the field wanted to punch anyone in the mouth. Every was getting outrun, out-muscled, etc. It's sad. 

Maybe Taggart does have a thing or two to learn about game logistics and management, but there is no doubt that he sees a bad need for upgrading the talent and culture on this team. 

We aren't playing Alabama and LSU every week.  To say this is solely a recruiting issue implies that the fans are idiots.  Our recruiting under Hotlz was not worse than Memphis.  Give me a freakin' break.

A real man would stand up and admit there are other issues that need to be corrected and would not still be blaming his predecessor two years in.  No one is expecting a national title two years in, but we should be able to call a play with more than 7 seconds left on the play clock by now.
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

He's also saving some jobs by not pinning it on any one area. And there's NOT any one area that will fix it, so I genuinely hope recruiting is the answer!

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

I dont remember anyone getting fired last year. I think people were moved around for WULFF.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

The LSU Alabama comment by Taggart is being taken out of context on TBP.

If you read the entire statement -- Taggart was stating that we have to recruit harder -- because we don't have the same brand name.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

The LSU Alabama comment by Taggart is being taken out of context on TBP.

If you read the entire statement -- Taggart was stating that we have to recruit harder -- because we don't have the same brand name.

PEOPLE ON TBP TAKING THINGS OUT OF CONTEXT???

...Unheard of.