• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What if it is simply execution?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Execution helps. Not dropping the passes would hep. But there are too many situations where it seems like this guy doesn't have a clue. @ Memphis, 3rd and 7 in the red zone, he runs a draw. Yesterday, Marlon Mack carried the ball 11 times? 11?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yesterday, it was 3rd and 8 in the 2nd half and we were on UCFs side of the field. We had 2 WR on the field. 2! I mean COME ON!!!! How in the world can anyone say he's putting our players in the best spots and best play calls to succeed as a team?? These are just 2 examples of way too many I've seen over the last 2 seasons.

When you do that to yourself what do we expect? Hey ucf's D coordinator, we're going to have 2 WR on the field on 3rd and long so that you can dial up a blitz, make our QB have to get rid of the ball quickly, and at the same time allow you to drop plenty back to cover everyone and possibly double cover???? It's one thing to be married to your system, but you've got to adjust to in game situations, to down and distances, etc from a coaching stand point. 

When you look at the numbers, you can't just chalk being THAT BAD up to simply not executing. Some of it is not executing, but most of it is on coaching. 

Edited by USFbulls24

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,685
  • Days Won:  8

Execution helps. Not dropping the passes would hep. But there are too many situations where it seems like this guy doesn't have a clue. @ Memphis, 3rd and 7 in the red zone, he runs a draw. Yesterday, Marlon Mack carried the ball 11 times? 11?! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Yesterday, it was 3rd and 8 in the 2nd half and we were on UCFs side of the field. We had 2 WR on the field. 2! I mean COME ON!!!! How in the world can anyone say he's putting our players in the best spots and best play calls to succeed as a team?? These are just 2 examples of way too many I've seen over the last 2 seasons.

When you do that to yourself what do we expect? Hey ucf's D coordinator, we're going to have 2 WR on the field on 3rd and long so that you can dial up a blitz, make our QB have to get rid of the ball quickly, and at the same time allow you to drop plenty back to cover everyone and possibly double cover???? It's one thing to be married to your system, but you've got to adjust to in game situations, to down and distances, etc from a coaching stand point.

When you look at the numbers, you can't just chalk being THAT BAD up to simply not executing. Some of it is not executing, but most of it is on coaching.

But we also have 2 tight ends running 5 yard cross routes to set us up for 4th and 3. It's genius at work, you just don't see it Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

I am hardly pro CWT but even I think execution while a simple solution would be a little too severe.

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  14

I am hardly pro CWT but even I think execution while a simple solution would be a little too severe.

Nicely played.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

john-mckay.jpg

If you want some idea about execution consider a few examples (there are a lot more - I am not counting all of the drops from Welch and McFarland):

Maryland - USF is winning 17-14, when USF goes 3-and-out from the USF 37 yard line... the punt is "blocked" when the Maryland defender pushed the up man back into Ciabatti's kick.  The ball ends up in the end zone and Maryland falls on it to take the lead 21-17.

Wisconsin - A tie game coming out of halftime, with Wisconsin getting the ball.  On 3rd and 11, the pass falls incomplete possibly forcing a punt -- but there is a holding penalty on Johnny Ward, extending the drive.  The Badgers scored a TD to go up 10-3 and take the momentum.

East Carolina - The Bulls are winning 17-14 late in the 3rd quarter and have the ball 1st and 10 at the ECU 35.  First down Adams loses 1 yard on an End Around.  Second down there is a holding penalty, then before the replay of 2nd down there is an illegal substitution penalty - making it 2nd and 26.  After a short pass to McFarland, there is another holding penalty on 3rd down, making it 3rd and 30.  White throws an "arm punt" (an INT to the ECU 14).  The Pirates drove the length of the field to take the lead for good.

Houston - On the Cougars 2nd possession, USF forces a 3 and out.  On the punt, there is a 15-yard personal foul penalty, extending the drive. Houston scored a TD to go up 7-0. 

Central Florida - On the Knights 2nd possession, USF forces a 3rd and 10 at the UCF 20. Holman throws a 9-yard pass to Perriman - where Devin Abraham decides to do a late hit out of bounds (admittedly it was a close call, but there was no need to Abraham to even make a play there).  That 15-yard penalty extended the drive.. and UCF scored a TD to go up 7-0.

Now, I am not saying the results of these games would have been any different... but these examples are NOT "playcalling" or "coaching" -- these are times where the players did not execute correctly, with the end result being disastrous for USF.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Execution is a big part of the problem. I know we all say plays where the play was brilliant and the ball would hit a WR or TE in the hands for a drop. If that didnt happen, the QB whoever it was, would short arm the ball on a roll out. White would just overthrow a wide open receiver on a deep route. This happened every game.

• Upvote 1