• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF does get an OCS it better not be......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

link?

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681
  • Days Won:  8

Beggers can't be choosers.

I would take UCF stadium as long as it is green and has water fountains.

If the team is winning people will show up. The quality of the stadium won't have much influence on attendance. I'd argue the distance from campus has a much larger impact, at least on students.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

For those of you advocating a 45K FAU type stadium...you do know it was built using the same design and construction as UCF'S stadium right. They may have just made some cosmetic improvements.

Actually, I think Square is correct on this. FAU did use UCF as a model.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  2,994
  • Days Won:  4

For those of you advocating a 45K FAU type stadium...you do know it was built using the same design and construction as UCF'S stadium right. They may have just made some cosmetic improvements.

Yup, and honestly, if UCF pulls that chain link around the lower walkway, and slaps up a big ass brick wall that matches the eventual adjoining building they're going to start soon, and eventual outer facade (it's that lighter brick they use for the parking garage and athletics district), it's gonna look fine. I'm sure at some point before they facade the stadium, they'll figure out a way to reinforce the structure so it doesn't bounce/sway as much.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

45K seats, FAU style look, third seatbacks, 2/3 bleachers/grass, $125M, done! I"m starting to get in line with what RockyStyle said somewhere. May just put my money in more away games where I get a real college atmosphere. Even the Ball State game and FIU were a lot of fun, let alone N.D., Wisconsin, Michigan State, UCF, Army, etc. Only away atmosphere that really sucked was Miami (twice).

^^^ This.... some of us actually like the bench seats... simply because we won't hear crap about standing. Have seat backs.... make it so you have to donate to get them. 45k FAU style is just where USF needs to be.

Forget the pipe dream of a concrete stadium like Minnesota or North Texas.... it's not going to happen due to construction costs.

You know North Texas only paid $5 million more than FAU did, right? I don't know that going from $70 to $75 million makes it a pipe dream.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

45K seats, FAU style look, third seatbacks, 2/3 bleachers/grass, $125M, done! I"m starting to get in line with what RockyStyle said somewhere. May just put my money in more away games where I get a real college atmosphere. Even the Ball State game and FIU were a lot of fun, let alone N.D., Wisconsin, Michigan State, UCF, Army, etc. Only away atmosphere that really sucked was Miami (twice).

^^^ This.... some of us actually like the bench seats... simply because we won't hear crap about standing. Have seat backs.... make it so you have to donate to get them. 45k FAU style is just where USF needs to be.

Forget the pipe dream of a concrete stadium like Minnesota or North Texas.... it's not going to happen due to construction costs.

You know North Texas only paid $5 million more than FAU did, right? I don't know that going from $70 to $75 million makes it a pipe dream.

Completely different construction styles. Half of NT's stadium is built into the ground... you can't do that in FL. You're talking another 20 million in concrete for the lower bowl supports.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Completely different construction styles. Half of NT's stadium is built into the ground... you can't do that in FL. You're talking another 20 million in concrete for the lower bowl supports.

I'm not trying to start a debate on whether half the stadium is sunken or not and what the difference in cost would be for us (mostly because I have no idea how much construction costs, so I'm taking your word) but I think Apogee is certainly feasible even if it's $20 million more. Minnesota is never happening. The difference between $70 and $90 million isn't an insurmountable gap. $70 and $330 million is.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  4,442
  • Days Won:  9

Agreed.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  615
  • Days Won:  1

Yup, and honestly, if UCF pulls that chain link around the lower walkway, and slaps up a big ass brick wall that matches the eventual adjoining building they're going to start soon, and eventual outer facade (it's that lighter brick they use for the parking garage and athletics district), it's gonna look fine. I'm sure at some point before they facade the stadium, they'll figure out a way to reinforce the structure so it doesn't bounce/sway as much.

It was reinforced after the first season. This is breaking ground soon and should be done by next season to start forming the facade.

10506317.jpeg

Right now the wall circling the sidelines and field are all advertisements that UCF receives revenue for, don't see UCF replacing that with Brick anytime soon unless a massive TV deal comes along for the Program. Square is right about FAU using the same builder and design as UCF, they just left an open endzone and bolted on some more plastic seats to their benches on the away side seats. Everything else is identical

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

It's nothing fancy but we don't have Texas oil money so good luck expecting a Minnesota type facility

No, but we do have a much higher endowment and more big money donors than your alma mater does. I'm not trying to flame, but facts are facts. If USF builds something on campus, it'll be better than UCF's facilities.

Our endowment is dramatically larger than UCF's. We're in another league as far as research expenditures, endowment size, and graduate academics. Unfortunately, I'm not sure that can be apportioned to athletics at all.

Edited by The Great 8