• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF does get an OCS it better not be......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  115
  • Days Won:  0

usf would be lucky to have an ocs like orlando or fau

usf is not getting a a stadium like doak or the swamp.....

how can usf justify a stadium.we stink!

UCF's and FAU's are not that much different than Doak, except for the facade.  As far as a stadium goes, "the Swamp" sucks.  Now, the atmosphere is completely different.  When USF gets an OCS, it will be nicer than UCF's or FAU's

'

You act as it UCF won't improve their stadium over time. There will be a full ring of private suites around UCF's stadium before USF ever breaks ground. After the ring of suites are completed a facade can be built.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

UCF's and FAU's are not that much different than Doak, except for the facade.  As far as a stadium goes, "the Swamp" sucks.  Now, the atmosphere is completely different.  When USF gets an OCS, it will be nicer than UCF's or FAU's

'

You act as it UCF won't improve their stadium over time. There will be a full ring of private suites around UCF's stadium before USF ever breaks ground. After the ring of suites are completed a facade can be built.

No, I don't.  I know you're going to add suites and dress up the facade and that's great.  I still think that when USF does build, it will be nicer than what you have now.  That's all I said.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,425
  • Days Won:  19

'

No, I don't.  I know you're going to add suites and dress up the facade and that's great.  I still think that when USF does build, it will be nicer than what you have now.  That's all I said.

No...

USF has not shown any signs of getting things right

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,614
  • Days Won:  51

An OCS if we're stuck in the AAC is stupid. Nobody gives a crap about seeing Tulsa, Tulane, and the rest of the no name teams in this conference. Harlan and Judy need to get us into the P5 and then a 50k stadium make sense otherwise we stay at RJS.

• Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

'

No...

WTF ?!?!??

Have you been to the Sundome? To the baseball / softball stadium? Have you seen the outdoor football practice facility? The soccer stadium?

All of these are top-notch facilities. We certainly HAVE gotten things right

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

An OCS if we're stuck in the AAC is stupid. Nobody gives a crap about seeing Tulsa, Tulane, and the rest of the no name teams in this conference. Harlan and Judy need to get us into the P5 and then a 50k stadium make sense otherwise we stay at RJS.

And yet all of our conference mates have OCSs and we do not. What an ignorant statement.

OCSs are great. USF would benefit greatly from having one. The only thing hosling USF back is the upfront cost.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

'

No...

WTF ?!?!??

Have you been to the Sundome? To the baseball / softball stadium? Have you seen the outdoor football practice facility? The soccer stadium?

All of these are top-notch facilities. We certainly HAVE gotten things right

Yes, but the vilified man who did all those things has left the building.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Never said he could pick staff, but he can pick architects

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Never said he could pick staff, but he can pick architects

And approve designs. And you didn't even mention all the improvements done. DW will someday be recognized for the incredible things he did for USF, pulling the athletic department into the 21st century after being stuck in the 80s.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

I expect that every Bulls fan would like an OCS, but under what circumstances is the question. A stadium like UCF's would be awful. We don't have the resources now to build what we would really need, so we're going to stick with RJ. We need more money to build the right stadium. how do we get it? Like this: Winning --> Improved Attendance --> Increased Interest including from donors --> sufficient attendance and money to build OCS. I'm betting it's still 20 years away, but I hope I'm wrong.