• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If USF does get an OCS it better not be......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

Time to delete this thread. I feel bad for ragging on UCF.

Maybe delete from the point slick took it down its' current dark path, as he's known to do ... Your initial point was spot on. If/when the time comes, the WOK is an example of what not to build.

And that point has been said before on here many times so yeah, delete the thread, nothing new.

The sad reality of all this OCS talk is that there is nothing else to talk about concerning USF football. It has been terrible since Holtz second season. We can all blame Judy, DW, and the boosters for firing Leavitt. We would not be crying over this OCS talk if we were talking about bowl games. I miss the days when USF fans where complaining about going to Birmingham for a bowl game. 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

... small like UCFs. This one row per family thing at RayJay just isn't working. 25k - 35k seats and start to create some demand.

USF averaged 50K several years running a few years ago and has had probably 10 crowds or so over 55k. What would you do with a 25k stadium when USF gets back to that level. That is ridiculously small. I dont think you realize that even most sun belt and mac programs have larger stadiums than that. No way usf goes smaller than ucf (45k). Usf outdrew ucf every year for over a decade up until the recent downturn. Quit looking at the here and now or short term and look at the big picture. Do you realize usf has had 20 crowds of over 42k fans.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

... small like UCFs. This one row per family thing at RayJay just isn't working. 25k - 35k seats and start to create some demand.

USF averaged 50K several years running a few years ago and has had probably 10 crowds or so over 55k. What would you do with a 25k stadium when USF gets back to that level. That is ridiculously small. I dont think you realize that even most sun belt and mac programs have larger stadiums than that. No way usf goes smaller than ucf (45k). Usf outdrew ucf every year for over a decade up until the recent downturn. Quit looking at the here and now or short term and look at the big picture. Do you realize usf has had 20 crowds of over 42k fans.

Those were the BCS days. USF is on the outside looking in. Unless the BIG12 comes calling, there is no reason to build a huge stadium. A 40 to 35K will do with room to expand if needed. What we need is to get the money to USF. RJS deal is getting worse. No need to keep losing funds there, 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yulman_Stadium

Please, scroll to the stadium features of Tulane's new digs.

Could you ever imagine USF getting our stadium THAT right?

Never. Our administration lacks the creative vision.

At least that's the perception. Proof being that we as fans even NEED to fear plans getting rolled out for some modular, soulless play pen like UCF's. Us die-hards have NO faith in the decision making of USF brass.

Hopefully Harlan makes moves in the years leading up to OCS to reverse the culture of doubt.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Those were the BCS days. USF is on the outside looking in. Unless the BIG12 comes calling, there is no reason to build a huge stadium. A 40 to 35K will do with room to expand if needed. What we need is to get the money to USF. RJS deal is getting worse. No need to keep losing funds there,
Again. Ucf has 45. Usf and ucf are mirror images. They are up right now and we are down but that will eventually be reversed. No way on earth usf goes 10k smaller (or 20k smaller as someone suggested) than ucf. Just wont happen. Even Tulanes 30k stadium is tiny. A houston like stadium is the absolute min we would go (with 45k capacity). Quit looking at the here and now and look at history and the big picture. Edited by BullsFanInTX

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

The thing that sticks out with Tulane was two private donors contributing over $30 million between them. I don't see an OCS or near campus stadium happening until something like that happens or the football team reaches a level beyond where it was, meaning ending seasons ranked. That would mean the fanbase was back.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  0

Raymond James is boring and stale. I'd take UCF's stadium all day over what we have now.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,529
  • Days Won:  422

Jesus I need a new board to follow....

Ask and ye shall receive

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Again. Ucf has 45. Usf and ucf are mirror images. They are up right now and we are down but that will eventually be reversed. No way on earth usf goes 10k smaller (or 20k smaller as someone suggested) than ucf. Just wont happen. Even Tulanes 30k stadium is tiny. A houston like stadium is the absolute min we would go (with 45k capacity). Quit looking at the here and now and look at history and the big picture.

One thing I would agree on is IF/WHEN USF finally builds a stadium.. they would NEVER... EVER... build something smaller than UCF.

I would put money on that any day.

Edit:

In fact... I would be almost as sure that USF would build it AT LEAST slightly larger than UCF's

Brighthouse's capacity is 45,301.  I would bank that USF would build a 46k or 47k stadium.

Edited by dogma