• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF vs old rival UA(FN)B tonight at the Bartow Arena!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Man, I'm glad we got the win and all, but an OT win by 2 doesn't make me feel like we're going to compete with an ACC team. Guess we'll find out Sunday! But I'll gladly take this win, Go Bulls!

Given the off-season turmoil and the youth of this team, any thought of competing with conference foes is delusional anyway.

As long as the team shows heart, talent, cohesiveness and steady improvement, I call this season a win, regardless of W-L record.

You're delusional. Make sure when this team get its 20th win of the season that you eat crow and not try to save face. You're staunchy against the imminent success of this young team so I just want that to be well known how much you didn't believe in this team and this coach's abilities. Not saying you aren't a fan, just saying you don't see the clear improvements that will translate into many many wins this season. You just don't see it because YOU'RE delusional.

Or a realist. Who has the team played that's on par with a decent P5 team so far? UAB? IU Penn? Flagler or Jackson St.?

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Thanks for setting me straight. Just trying to understand the logic of football must win by 21 or we suck and hoops wins by 2 over nobody and it's a reason to celebrate down Fowler Ave.

Thanks again.

Not too hard to understand that playing tough and beating a team that  was favored to win is different than playing bad for 59' and 56" to barely beat the worst team in college football which you were favored to beat by 12 points.

When you are trying to build something you have to look at the quality of play to determine if you are actually building something or beating a team of much lesser quality simply because you have better talent.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Man, I'm glad we got the win and all, but an OT win by 2 doesn't make me feel like we're going to compete with an ACC team. Guess we'll find out Sunday! But I'll gladly take this win, Go Bulls!

Given the off-season turmoil and the youth of this team, any thought of competing with conference foes is delusional anyway.

As long as the team shows heart, talent, cohesiveness and steady improvement, I call this season a win, regardless of W-L record.

You're delusional. Make sure when this team get its 20th win of the season that you eat crow and not try to save face. You're staunchy against the imminent success of this young team so I just want that to be well known how much you didn't believe in this team and this coach's abilities. Not saying you aren't a fan, just saying you don't see the clear improvements that will translate into many many wins this season. You just don't see it because YOU'RE delusional.

Or a realist. Who has the team played that's on par with a decent P5 team so far? UAB? IU Penn? Flagler or Jackson St.?

I'll add that nc state beat that same Jackson state team by 35. I'll be happy to see us keep it within 10.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,558
  • Days Won:  423

Maybe if you pointed out those "clear improvements" that will translate into the 5th best season in the history of the program you might win him, and some of the rest of us, over ...

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

As usual, there's polarity on TBP, LOL. I'm with bullsbucsfan, if we can keep it around 10 or less with NCSt, I'll feel pretty good with giving the conference games a fair run. Good comments about playing hard/showing heart for the whole game, I'll hang in there with them as long as that's the case...and it should be, given the preseason conditioning.

Early shooting accuracy (and just getting good shots) has me pretty hopeful.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Thanks for setting me straight. Just trying to understand the logic of football must win by 21 or we suck and hoops wins by 2 over nobody and it's a reason to celebrate down Fowler Ave.

Thanks again.

Maybe it has something to do with playing hard, showing a will to win, and playing from whistle to whistle. Something the football team has not done in years.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Looking over the season schedule, I can count 18 wins if everything goes our way, so you and I are not too far off. Yes, we have to play SMU, Cincy, UConn, Memphis, Temple....but there's a lot of ECU's, Tulane, Tulsa, Houston, UCF, etc.. I think we can rack up some conference wins against the lower teams and steal a few from the upper half, since some of those teams are young like us.

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

Brace yourselves, I don't feel good about NC State at all. I think they are going to do what the football team did to us.

I hope I'm wrong!

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Brace yourselves, I don't feel good about NC State at all. I think they are going to do what the football team did to us.

I hope I'm wrong!

Yea, they look good so far. I think we lose by around 12-15 points.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

I have watched some American games and the conference looks way down this year. Memphis losing to Christian Brothers and steamrolled by Wichita State. Of the other undefeateds, Cincinnati and UConn haven't looked that great against mediocre competition so far. Temple barely beat American. And UCF struggled with Eckerd. SMU is about to fall from the rankings hard. Nobody in conference has an impressive win yet. We don't have a single ranked team out of conference. I don't see a game on our schedule that isn't winnable going forward.

• Upvote 1