• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dumpster Fire to Forest Fire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

It is 100% fact CWT did not attend offense meetings last year, but he was calling plays. CWT said it himself that he planned on attending meetings this year.

He has gone back to old habits again.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Kid's opinions on how a coach is using or evaluating them can heavily influence what they say and think about a coach.  Just look at the team split during CJL's slap gate.....

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It is 100% fact CWT did not attend offense meetings last year, but he was calling plays. CWT said it himself that he planned on attending meetings this year.

He has gone back to old habits again.

Calling plays, yes. Haven't heard one way or the other from CWT about the meetings.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Never heard any of this, and I'm not believing any of it. Taggart isn't a great coach, but he is anything but lazy. Not sure where you heard this, but I'm fairly certain it's BS.

And fans may felt that way at WKU, but the players definitely did not. 

No one on this thread said he is lazy.  They said he is inconsistent and it confuses the players.  That sure jive with what we see on the field.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

And then he said he would not call the plays.   We can now see him on the field calling plays.  

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

And then he said he would not call the plays. We can now see him on the field calling plays.

I've sId it before and I will say it again, he is in over his head

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

Sources? Links? These are damning allegations, and something substantive to back them up would be nice.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

I have had it.  I cannot and will not support a football coach who is letting pride stand in the way of his judgment.

Taggart needs to figure out if he wants to be an OC or a Head Coach.

I will explain:

1. Remember at the end of last year the team had complained that he was not attending the team meetings and had no idea what the game plan

was & then at game time he would start calling plays that didn't even have the correct players on the field.  CWT then announced I think at the

beginning of this year he would attend the meetings but let the OC do the play calling.

2. Somehow that got change again.  What do you expect an offense to do when the OC  & QB coach practise a game plan all week and then CWT

throws it out the window on game day and takes over play calling.

3. The team doesn't even get to play the plays they practised all week to include any QB that is in there.

4. Then CWT has the audacity to blame it on the fundamentals and the players.  It's never his fault!!!

5.  He cannot get out of his own way.  Maybe, just maybe if he would take his hands off the running of the offense we would see a game plan.

6;  I don't care who the QB is it is a setup for failure.

Now penalties and such are on the player but the rest is on CWT and if athletics doesn't stop this raging forest fire there will be no season ticket holders left.  He can make all the personnel changes he wants but until he either steps down or our AD sees the llight there will be failure. I would not blame Mike Whjite or Steven Bench for transferring. The team is losing respect for someone who keeps throwing them under 'THE BUS".

Sorry for the ranting but I have read so many posts where questions have been asked and answers were not given.  I finally had enough of this coach.  I just hope someone will buy out his contract.  He says one thing to the public but what goes on behind closed doors is another things.  Unfortunately his staff can't say anything for fear of job loss.to

i-call-bs01.png

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,975
  • Days Won:  12

It would explain a lot. If true, players have surely told Harlan and he'll be gone.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

By any chance do you have a fly on the wall in the locker room?

I was thinking the same thing. I just read more about what is supposedly going on in the locker room, then has even been reported by the local media in the last 2 years. I just have a hard time believing that the team practices all week while Coach T sits in his office hanging out, and then on game day he calls a bunch of plays they never practiced.

I still don't think the game plans have been the biggest issue. The Bulls drop at least 4 and sometimes up to 6 or 7 passes per game. White and Bench have both been good for atleast 4 or 5 awful passes a game as well where they completely miss their target even when they are open. That's called not executing. If we could cut those mistakes in half, then this team would have beaten Maryland and maybe ECU, and would be looking at a 4-5 or 5-4 record right now.

Super hippie, I am not excusing poor playing on the part of the player. However, you can imagine what it would be like to practice a game plan and have it completely thrown out on the day of the game and play by the seat of your pants. CWT sure has you fooled and at one time had us fooled as well. We have been season-ticket holders for many years.

Where in the world are you getting your info?