• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dumpster Fire to Forest Fire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Can there be a forest fire if there are no trees to burn?

Yawn.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Sources? Links? These are damning allegations, and something substantive to back them up would be nice.

Have you watched the games.  Taggart can be seen calling the plays.  He stated clearly in the offseason he was not going to do that. 

He has stated a couple of times during the season that he would give suggestions from time to time.  If you watch him you can see clearly that he is making the vast majority of calls all by himself.

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,550
  • Days Won:  21

Sources? Links? These are damning allegations, and something substantive to back them up would be nice.

Have you watched the games.  Taggart can be seen calling the plays.  He stated clearly in the offseason he was not going to do that. 

He has stated a couple of times during the season that he would give suggestions from time to time.  If you watch him you can see clearly that he is making the vast majority of calls all by himself.

He didn't say he was going to "give suggestions from time to time." He said point-blank he was going to be more involved in playcalling.

This came after a few games where the offense were playing horribly.

---

But as USF ranks near the bottom of Division I-A in multiple categories, including passing offense (113th), total offense (113th) and scoring offense (96th), after three games, Taggart said he needs to step back into the decisionmaking process.

"I'm going to be a little more involved in (playcalling)," he said. "I'm going to help out a lot to try and do what we can to get our offense going."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/willie-taggart-will-return-to-being-more-involved-in-usf-offense/2198451

---

Yes you can argue it doesn't look like it's helped any... But it provided a reason for him to change his mind and do it.

If it's not working, then at least do something different and try to fix it. 

...Probably people here would have chastised him if the offense had continued to struggle under Wulff and Taggart hadn't asserted himself in (being a former QB and having offensive minded history.)

Edited by dogma

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Taggart must win a majority of remaining games or he is gone like the wind.  Excuse tree has lost all it's leaves and an SMU loss will expedite his departure. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

People should know about the play calling. I'd like to see links/sources on this whole Taggart not being in HIS TEAM'S "team meetings". 

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

SMU is Taggart's last stand.  If he loses to SMU, he's gone.  Personally, I wouldn't start a true freshman in this situation, I'd start White.  White would have a big day, IMO.  I am, however, excited to see what Flowers can do, but my job isn't on the line either.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

SMU is Taggart's last stand. If he loses to SMU, he's gone. Personally, I wouldn't start a true freshman in this situation, I'd start White. White would have a big day, IMO. I am, however, excited to see what Flowers can do, but my job isn't on the line either.

Oh really???who will be paying for the buyout? The same people still paying Holtz? Everyone needs to get a grip, CWT is here at least until the end of next season.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

SMU is Taggart's last stand. If he loses to SMU, he's gone. Personally, I wouldn't start a true freshman in this situation, I'd start White. White would have a big day, IMO. I am, however, excited to see what Flowers can do, but my job isn't on the line either.

Oh really???who will be paying for the buyout? The same people still paying Holtz? Everyone needs to get a grip, CWT is here at least until the end of next season.

You are in the dark without a flashlight, Taggart loses to SMU and he is gone immediately.  Bet on it and make some money!

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

You are in the dark without a flashlight, Taggart loses to SMU and he is gone immediately. Bet on it and make some money!
Not unless he slaps a player. So you really believe this university has the $ to pay for THREE FB coaches? You are crazy... Edited by NewEnglandBull
  • Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,607
  • Days Won:  424

photo-5766.gif?_r=0