• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dumpster Fire to Forest Fire

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

About 20 FBS programs operate in the green. I doubt USF was ever one. The football programs at this level are run for the indirect benefits of representing the school to the public, exposure on a national level to attract students, boosters, donors etc. In the grand scheme of things, this product is doing more harm than good. So when you talk money, and SMU just offered Mack Brown a $32 million contract, other programs think it's a worthy investment.

:facepalm:

I take it your not familiar with the amount (and wealth) of boosters for SMU. Then compare it with USF

They can afford it. USF cannot... especially as they are currently still paying former head coaches

I guess you missed that 100+ FBS programs are in the red. USF wants to play with the big boys, break out the check books and don't be shy. Otherwise don't be surprised when your Sun Belt coach team can't compete at a higher level of competition.

Don't you mean the Southern conference competing with other FCS schools.
USF can't compete with anyone. And I wouldn't assume the 20ish programs on the green are all in the SEC. P5/Notre Dame, sure. There are programs outside the sec with rabid fans, good tv/conference income and good merchandising. Edited by slick1ru2