• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

Yeah, Bench is only a Junior.

A Junior as far as eligibility. When does he have enough credits for his degree? Grad students can transfer without sitting.

He should have enough by May 2015 to graduate.

Floyd was a Holtz recruit. White is CWT's boy.

Not sure how many times this comes up.  White was recruited by Holtz' staff but signed by Taggart.  Bench was recruited and signed by Taggart.  So I still don't know why White is Tag's guy except that he picked him to start the year and won't back down.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not sure how many times this comes up. White was recruited by Holtz' staff but signed by Taggart. Bench was recruited and signed by Taggart. So I still don't know why White is Tag's guy except that he picked him to start the year and won't back down.

My comment was in reference to why people on here think there is some large gap between Floyd and White and why one of them still gets the benefit of the doubt.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  6

I only watched two plays on Friday as we were at a family gathering. The first was watching White botch the snap (we recovered). The second was watching us intercept/rip the ball from the receiver inside their 15....then watching White botch it again, and we didnt recover. Needless to say, I didnt sneak away to watch anymore.

Not sure how many times this comes up. White was recruited by Holtz' staff but signed by Taggart. Bench was recruited and signed by Taggart. So I still don't know why White is Tag's guy except that he picked him to start the year and won't back down.

My comment was in reference to why people on here think there is some large gap between Floyd and White and why one of them still gets the benefit of the doubt.

Sorry, read it differently.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Yes, White threw two interceptions.

But when peoole come on here and don't acknowledge Adams was open then lost his footing, whatever argument they were trying to make is lost in theitheir hatred of all things White.

Just like those not giving Bench credit for his td passes. Yes, it was a blown coverage. Bench recognized it and got it there.

In the grand scheme of things both Bench and White are terrible college quarterbacks.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Yes, White threw two interceptions.

But when peoole come on here and don't acknowledge Adams was open then lost his footing, whatever argument they were trying to make is lost in theitheir hatred of all things White.

Just like those not giving Bench credit for his td passes. Yes, it was a blown coverage. Bench recognized it and got it there.

In the grand scheme of things both Bench and White are terrible college quarterbacks.

Those two interceptions were terribly thrown balls by White.  Both of them were to the defender side, not the receiver side.

And I'm wasn't even going to bring up (again) all the other horribly thrown passes, often at the receivers feet.

The guy is terribly inconsistent at this point in his career.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  88
  • Days Won:  0

Quit wasting starts on Mike White.  He has started 13 games and shown almost no improvement.   We have 3 wins during that stretch - Western Carolina (FCS), Uconn and Tulsa.   1 FCS school and 2 of the worst teams in FBS this year.   While I'm not a huge Bench fan, I think we would have won several more games if Bench had been given that many starts.     White is the least athletic QB on the team.   In fact, outside of the SMU QB, I don't think I've seen a QB with less athletic ability than White this season.   Go with Bench as the starter and develop Evan Wilson.

• Topic Count:  555
  • Content Count:  14,415
  • Days Won:  13

This wouldn't have even been an issue if we had signed Ironside. :D

USF needs all the help at QB it can get. I don't see how a state AAAAAA offensive player of the year could hurt. And unlike White,,played more than his senior year, is 22-3 at the highest level in GA.

White is unlike White too since we've beaten this whole one year of football thing to death and disproved it multiple times.

Wasn't White at a AAA high school?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

This wouldn't have even been an issue if we had signed Ironside. :D

USF needs all the help at QB it can get. I don't see how a state AAAAAA offensive player of the year could hurt. And unlike White,,played more than his senior year, is 22-3 at the highest level in GA.
White is unlike White too since we've beaten this whole one year of football thing to death and disproved it multiple times.
Wasn't White at a AAA high school?

And that relates to White playing more than one year of football how?