• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

True but under Skip we would have played a full 60 minutes and still lost by two. Our play calling is still pretty terrible if you ask me, we can move the ball on every team we have left we stop with the bad calls. Also our running game needs a better design, look how Tulsa had their blocking set-up it was genius.

Now once we adjusted they didn't adjust and really they still ran the ball pretty well up until the last few drives. I just feel we should be getting more then 2-3 yards a run. The big run will happen but boy it would be nice to average 4-6 a pop and then throw in the big chunk run. Maybe time to redesign the blocking scheme a little

Would that be the Skip whose team is currently #1 in CUSA and undefeated in conference play?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/12/conference-usa-conference

Who cares. Skip Holtz is a miserable coach. Look at that conference... that is a tragedy.

And the AAC is what?

Listen... I am the first one to trash the AAC. I think our conference is horrendous, but there's no doubt that conference is much worse. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

True but under Skip we would have played a full 60 minutes and still lost by two. Our play calling is still pretty terrible if you ask me, we can move the ball on every team we have left we stop with the bad calls. Also our running game needs a better design, look how Tulsa had their blocking set-up it was genius.

Now once we adjusted they didn't adjust and really they still ran the ball pretty well up until the last few drives. I just feel we should be getting more then 2-3 yards a run. The big run will happen but boy it would be nice to average 4-6 a pop and then throw in the big chunk run. Maybe time to redesign the blocking scheme a little

Would that be the Skip whose team is currently #1 in CUSA and undefeated in conference play?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/12/conference-usa-conference

Who cares. Skip Holtz is a miserable coach. Look at that conference... that is a tragedy.

And the AAC is what?

Listen... I am the first one to trash the AAC. I think our conference is horrendous, but there's no doubt that conference is much worse. 

Not much worse, per Sagarin.  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/conference/

They're a whole lot closer to us than we are to the nearest P5 ... 

And the AAC is what?

Not much worse, per Sagarin.  http://www.usatoday.com/sports/ncaaf/sagarin/2014/conference/

Hahaha that's awesome. Anyone that thinks that conference USA is just as good of a conference as the AAC or think it's close to the AAC is fooling themselves. Our bottom feeders could battle it out with each other sure, but looking at it from a program standpoint - our top programs are Head & Shoulders above Conference USA's top programs. 

Pretty sure I've trashed the AAC before and you've stuck up for it. Do you actually stick to what you think or are you just on here to argue with people??

........... not sure where I said we were close to the P5 by any means, but good call out?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,539
  • Days Won:  422

And the AAC is what?

Hahaha that's awesome. Anyone that thinks that conference USA is just as good of a conference as the AAC or think it's close to the AAC is fooling themselves. Our bottom feeders could battle it out with each other sure, but looking at it from a program standpoint - our top programs are Head & Shoulders above Conference USA's top programs. 

Pretty sure I've trashed the AAC before and you've stuck up for it. Do you actually stick to what you think or are you just on here to argue with people??

........... not sure where I said we were close to the P5 by any means, but good call out?

Wasn't arguing, just pointing out that Sagarin disagrees with your "much worse" assessment as far as the two conferences are concerned ... and I doubt you'll find anything where I stuck up for the AAC in the manner you're talking about. In fact, when Skip was being tagged as not being able to coach at this "level", I said there wasn't a huge gap between the levels he coached at before and after USF

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If you have to make a thread to try and convince people of it, the culture hasn't changed.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

If you have to make a thread to try and convince people of it, the culture hasn't changed.

Especially if it uses the word "official" when it's not. Heck, it's not even unofficial....yet.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Changed the culture, huh? About that... Seems like he's adding to our culture of losing...

But according to hippy we're so close to being a great team and on the same track as FSU from a few years ago?! 

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

One game does not define culture - but we have regressed closer to the Leavit years. Complete and utter lack of discipline - we have had two players ejected and countless stupid penalties. Team also lacks hustle - especially the defense. You see guys just standing around while Cincy is pushing the pile.