• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

Guest PCBull14

We got our teeth kicked in during the first half and had to make a miracle comeback vs a 1-5 team. Lay off the kool-aid...

this

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I can't honestly say the team would have had the fortitude to make a come back like this the last 4 years or so. Hopefully a game like this where the team fought to overcome adversity and it translated to a win can be a turning point for the team. This is the first time I've seen this team not flinch in the face of adversity but rather come back and fight through it. We still need to put together 4 quarters of football though...

Let's not get carried away, we were a more talented team than Tulsa and that came out in the second half.

The team fought hard against UCF late in the year last year, was just lacking in talent.

As goofy as some of the things Holtz said after losses, a lot of the games in 2012 were close games that came down to some stupid play calling or poor coaching. Even in the close losses, for the most part they played hard, but just weren't that talented.

If it was a matter of changing the culture to win we would have won more than 5 games out of the last 19.

I want to see them start building on this win. I will reserve judgement on a changing culture until we see a string of victories and solid, smart football. Can't base anything on one win or loss.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I can't honestly say the team would have had the fortitude to make a come back like this the last 4 years or so. Hopefully a game like this where the team fought to overcome adversity and it translated to a win can be a turning point for the team. This is the first time I've seen this team not flinch in the face of adversity but rather come back and fight through it. We still need to put together 4 quarters of football though...

Let's not get carried away, we were a more talented team than Tulsa and that came out in the second half.

The team fought hard against UCF late in the year last year, was just lacking in talent.

As goofy as some of the things Holtz said after losses, a lot of the games in 2012 were close games that came down to some stupid play calling or poor coaching. Even in the close losses, for the most part they played hard, but just weren't that talented.

If it was a matter of changing the culture to win we would have won more than 5 games out of the last 19.

I want to see them start building on this win. I will reserve judgement on a changing culture until we see a string of victories and solid, smart football. Can't base anything on one win or loss.

Have to think this made the difference, in spite of poor coaching.

You let our boys and Tulsa's boys line up for sandlot football, and you gotta believe we stomp them 9 times out of 10, just on talent.

When the coaches get all in their heads, it makes them regress, 'cause they're more worried about the scheme than playing the **** game.

With apologies to the writers of Bull Durham, "it's a simple game, you throw the ball, you catch the ball, you knock people down!"

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

All we know is we beat another bad team.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681

I don't care how bad the team we beat is losing that game would have been a confidence killer. Being down 20 points was a confidence killer. That we came back, down by 20, was huge, regardless of opponent. This first half looked like the crap football we'd all seen before. For the first time in a long time the team came out and executed. Even against other bad teams the execution for the last 2 to 4 years has been atrocious. I think it will serve as a huge confidence booster as opposed the confidence killer it could have been. It's nice to see them come out actually execute. We've lost so many games under Holtz in which we had a 4th quarter lead and finally we actually are the team making the comeback for once. I think it's great.I can't remember the last game we came back from 2 scores and won.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

This

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

^This. Close thread

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

We beat a team we should have beaten.  That's an improvement over last season.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I see progress, that's what matters. This team would beat the 2013 USF team. We have already won more games than last year and these kids are YOUNG.

5 games left to continue the turn around, I'd think we are all hoping that we continue to show progress.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,681

5 more games. We can still have 8 wins.