• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Where's Hippy at? Would love to hear his breakdown of what happened and if he still think's we're close to being great.

I was at work for 10 hours yesterday and had a death in the family, so I wasn't exactly focused on the Bulls yesterday.  I did catch a good chunk of the game on the radio though.   What do you want me to say though?  Houston is the best team in the conference right now.    They beat a good Memphis team on the road.   They smashed Temple last week by 21, and then Temple turned arround and beat ECU the next week.   They made USF look like a joke of a football team.

Houston right now is 5th in the country in points given up this year.   5th.   They have only given up 20 points in three of their eight games this year, and have only given up 30 points once.   They are holding teams to about 13 points below their season average as well.  We only average about 19 points per game.   If it wasn't so windy yesterday, we would have hit that 1st field goal, putting us at 6 points which would be exactly 13 points below our average.   The game pretty much just went exactly how it should have gone.  A great defense dominated a terrible offense.  An average defense held an average offense to their season average.  

Next week is the big one in my book.   If we lay an egg against a team like SMU, then Taggart in my book should be fired.   Getting beat by a team that is in 1st place, and looks like they may win the conference though, is what it is though. 

Sorry about the loss in your family. And yes, I agree. CWT needs to beat SMU or this program has officially regressed since he took over. Losing to a good Houston is one thing, but to lose to a bad SMU team is inexcusable. 

Thanks for the condolences.  It was a tough day, not to mention by brakes **** the bed too on my car, which for a pizza delivery guy is about the worst thing that can happen.

Like I said I'm not going to overreact because a Top 5 defense squished our offense.  That was a battle we were never going to win, especially on an extremely windy day.   Let's just see how the SMU game goes.   They have given up atleast 40 in every single game this year they have played.   if we don't put up atleast 30 points, especially coming off a bye week, then there is something seriously wrong. 

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Sorry for your loss Superhippy

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,679
  • Days Won:  108

Where's Hippy at? Would love to hear his breakdown of what happened and if he still think's we're close to being great.

I was at work for 10 hours yesterday and had a death in the family, so I wasn't exactly focused on the Bulls yesterday.  I did catch a good chunk of the game on the radio though.   What do you want me to say though?  Houston is the best team in the conference right now.    They beat a good Memphis team on the road.   They smashed Temple last week by 21, and then Temple turned arround and beat ECU the next week.   They made USF look like a joke of a football team.

Houston right now is 5th in the country in points given up this year.   5th.   They have only given up 20 points in three of their eight games this year, and have only given up 30 points once.   They are holding teams to about 13 points below their season average as well.  We only average about 19 points per game.   If it wasn't so windy yesterday, we would have hit that 1st field goal, putting us at 6 points which would be exactly 13 points below our average.   The game pretty much just went exactly how it should have gone.  A great defense dominated a terrible offense.  An average defense held an average offense to their season average.  

Next week is the big one in my book.   If we lay an egg against a team like SMU, then Taggart in my book should be fired.   Getting beat by a team that is in 1st place, and looks like they may win the conference though, is what it is though. 

Sorry about the loss in your family. And yes, I agree. CWT needs to beat SMU or this program has officially regressed since he took over. Losing to a good Houston is one thing, but to lose to a bad SMU team is inexcusable. 

Thanks for the condolences.  It was a tough day, not to mention by brakes **** the bed too on my car, which for a pizza delivery guy is about the worst thing that can happen.

Like I said I'm not going to overreact because a Top 5 defense squished our offense.  That was a battle we were never going to win, especially on an extremely windy day.   Let's just see how the SMU game goes.   They have given up atleast 40 in every single game this year they have played.   if we don't put up atleast 30 points, especially coming off a bye week, then there is something seriously wrong. 

I know you are an optimist but let's not get crazy.  What did you say our average was, 19?  so 21 would be an outburst.