• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart has officially changed the culture.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  146
  • Days Won:  0

The one thing I can say without a doubt after the 1st 7 games this year, is that Taggart has changed the culture around USF football.    They may not be the most talented by any means.   The coaches may make some bad calls.   WR's drop some easy passes.   The O-Line still can't block that well.  They don't quit though.     This game today was won because even though we were down 20 the players kept fighting and believing they could win.   It sounds corny, but it's true.    Just compare this team today to the one that faced McNeese St. in game 1 of the Taggart era.    That team just gave up.     I'm not 100% sold on his in-game coaching style like many on here, but as a leader for our team and program, I think he is doing an amazing job.

You cannot realistically believe this crap? It was a comeback win against a 1-6 AAC team. smh

Edited by USF_Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

The one thing I can say without a doubt after the 1st 7 games this year, is that Taggart has changed the culture around USF football.    They may not be the most talented by any means.   The coaches may make some bad calls.   WR's drop some easy passes.   The O-Line still can't block that well.  They don't quit though.     This game today was won because even though we were down 20 the players kept fighting and believing they could win.   It sounds corny, but it's true.    Just compare this team today to the one that faced McNeese St. in game 1 of the Taggart era.    That team just gave up.     I'm not 100% sold on his in-game coaching style like many on here, but as a leader for our team and program, I think he is doing an amazing job.

You cannot realistically believe this crap? It was a win comeback against a 1-6 AAC team. smh

He's a supper hippy kind of guy man.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

It's not a sweeping statement though.     6 out of 7 games this year the Bulls have fought hard and given 100% effort the entire game, and even in the NC State game, they were giving the effort, they just got whooped.  This isn't the 1st game that the Bulls have shown that they have a different attitude as a football team, It's just the 2nd (Western Carolina too), time where that fight resulted in a win.

It's easy to say "I won't make any judgements until the team starts winning consistently."  but you can see the signs of a bad to mediocre team on the right track of becoming a great team, and vice versa.   Look at Muschamp and Florida.  The signs were there from early in Year 2 that he was tanking that program, but most Gator fans didn't want to accept it.   Same deal with FSU and Jimbo.  The record didn't show right away but he had been hauling in massive recruiting classes, and anyone paying attention knew that FSU was on the brink of being a monster again.    USF is on that track.

You haven't seen the same team I have, especially for the NC State game. Again, let's wait and see IF USF can beat a team that doesn't shoot itself in the foot and is actually competitive. Haven't beaten one of those since Holtz was coach.

yup

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,423
  • Days Won:  19

The Cincy game (on Friday) will be a great test for the Bulls.

I hope USF maintains their confidence against this beatable Cincy team.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

The Cincy game (on Friday) will be a great test for the Bulls.

I hope USF maintains their confidence against this beatable Cincy team.

Agreed.  Every game from Cincy until the last game of the year will be a chance for Willie and the team to really show that they have turned the corner and are a team on the rise.  Still a few tough games to go against Memphis, Houston and UCF (Cincy won't be easy either).  If we can pull off 3 out of the 5 and continue to play smart, mentally tough, physically tough football then i will say there is a change of culture.  There has to be consistent effort, even if we lose some of these games to say we have changed the culture.  

We must continue to play tough for 60 minutes against these mid to upper tier teams in our conference.  If we lose because of lack of depth or talent that is one thing, but something to build on.  If we come out and play like we did in the first half vs Tulsa and get smoked by these teams, in winnable games then thee is concern.  

Just want to see consistent play at a little higher level before I am convinced we are truly in the right direction.

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,342
  • Days Won:  43

You cannot realistically believe this crap? It was a comeback win against a 1-6 AAC team. smh

You guys escaped against Tulane a team that Tulsa got their one win from. 

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

True but under Skip we would have played a full 60 minutes and still lost by two. Our play calling is still pretty terrible if you ask me, we can move the ball on every team we have left we stop with the bad calls. Also our running game needs a better design, look how Tulsa had their blocking set-up it was genius.

Now once we adjusted they didn't adjust and really they still ran the ball pretty well up until the last few drives. I just feel we should be getting more then 2-3 yards a run. The big run will happen but boy it would be nice to average 4-6 a pop and then throw in the big chunk run. Maybe time to redesign the blocking scheme a little

Would that be the Skip whose team is currently #1 in CUSA and undefeated in conference play?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/12/conference-usa-conference

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

It was a great comeback. Almost unbelieveable. I was pretty happy about the victory too. However I spit the kool-aide out half way thru the second half. A team like Tulsa should not score 28pts on any average team in one half. I felt the team was not prepared mentally especially the D to play this game at the start. SMU is an expected win. I will probably be at that game. Coach Taggart needs to win two more besides SMU for me to stop my skepticism about him now. He appears to be a pretty good recruiter. If Tags can recruit some road grater OLs,for Mack, a true starting FBS QB, and improve the D I will stop being skeptical that Bull Nation hired Skippy II. When it comes down to it, the Bulls only played half a game again.

True but under Skip we would have played a full 60 minutes and still lost by two. Our play calling is still pretty terrible if you ask me, we can move the ball on every team we have left we stop with the bad calls. Also our running game needs a better design, look how Tulsa had their blocking set-up it was genius.

Now once we adjusted they didn't adjust and really they still ran the ball pretty well up until the last few drives. I just feel we should be getting more then 2-3 yards a run. The big run will happen but boy it would be nice to average 4-6 a pop and then throw in the big chunk run. Maybe time to redesign the blocking scheme a little

Would that be the Skip whose team is currently #1 in CUSA and undefeated in conference play?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/conferences/standings/_/id/12/conference-usa-conference

Who cares. Skip Holtz is a miserable coach. Look at that conference... that is a tragedy.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Who cares. Skip Holtz is a miserable coach. Look at that conference... that is a tragedy.

And the AAC is what?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  822

And the AAC is what?

The grounds from which the P5 picks teams from (if you count the years of Big East as AAC.. I think of it all the same)