• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season finally beginning

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I really really really hope Taggart knows what he is doing

Considering we're still paying Skippy's and Heath's salaries, that's all I've got right now--hope.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  360
  • Days Won:  0

I'm a taggart supporter but I really hate when he says stuff like this. It's kinda like a guy playing golf who just keeps saying "redo" every time after he hits a bad shot. I remember he referred to the Rutgers game last year as "the first game of the 2014" season. Just sayin something is new and changed doesn't make it so

• Topic Count:  2,337
  • Content Count:  21,341
  • Days Won:  10

I love it, it is kind of like he is messing with people.  I can see him say to himself.  "I am going to say this because it is fun and really means nothing"

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

"Everything that happened before is irrelevant right now," Taggart said. "These next six weeks are really going to define who we are as a football team."

In order of statements...nope, it's not, and of course it will.  I don't see how any coach could say all the events so far could be irrelevant. I know why he said it, I just strongly disagree. Learn from the mistakes, but don't forget them.

It's irrelevant RIGHT NOW.  It wasn't irrelevant then.  It's history, done.  Don't dwell on the past, look to what is right in front of you and go out and win a game. 

But then that game would instantly become irrelevant.

Exactly.  When it's over, it's irrelevant. 

What we need to improve on as a team which is glaring from the games we have played this year are extremely relevant. The actual scores of the games are irrelevant. 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516

I love it, it is kind of like he is messing with people.  I can see him say to himself.  "I am going to say this because it is fun and really means nothing"

If you look at it as he's messing with people, you love that? You don't think he's got bigger fish to fry? If that's the case he needs to spend far less time talking/thinking about how to mess with people and focus his attention on figuring out a way to improve his USF head coaching record from 4-14 to 5 - 14.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,653
  • Days Won:  424

If you look at it as he's messing with people, you love that? You don't think he's got bigger fish to fry? If that's the case he needs to spend far less time talking/thinking about how to mess with people and focus his attention on figuring out a way to improve his USF head coaching record from 4-14 to 5 - 14.

Did CWT call a press conference to say that and mess with people?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,996
  • Days Won:  12

AUDIBLE: "I think that must-win games started (in the opener) against Western Carolina. For us and our football team, every game we play in is a must-win to try and get our team back to where everybody wants it and back to winning. This is just the next football game that we're playing. ... We can't just isolate one game or another. I don't think that's the culture or the way we want to do things around here." -- Taggart when asked if he considers Saturday's game a must-win for the Bulls.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/football-report-horns-bulls-series-confirmed/2202476

GREAT attitude, nailed it

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Well the two wins this far will be very relevant if we can win four more.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

When you are losing, everything the head coach says sounds stupid.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,709
  • Days Won:  109

He meant NEXT week starts the season.