• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Season finally beginning

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

"Everything that happened before is irrelevant right now," Taggart said. "These next six weeks are really going to define who we are as a football team."

In order of statements...nope, it's not, and of course it will.  I don't see how any coach could say all the events so far could be irrelevant. I know why he said it, I just strongly disagree. Learn from the mistakes, but don't forget them.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Just trying to push this team forward. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

"Everything that happened before is irrelevant right now," Taggart said. "These next six weeks are really going to define who we are as a football team."

In order of statements...nope, it's not, and of course it will.  I don't see how any coach could say all the events so far could be irrelevant. I know why he said it, I just strongly disagree. Learn from the mistakes, but don't forget them.

It's irrelevant RIGHT NOW.  It wasn't irrelevant then.  It's history, done.  Don't dwell on the past, look to what is right in front of you and go out and win a game. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

It's irrelevant RIGHT NOW.  It wasn't irrelevant then.  It's history, done.  Don't dwell on the past, look to what is right in front of you and go out and win a game. 

But then that game would instantly become irrelevant.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

But then that game would instantly become irrelevant.

Exactly.  When it's over, it's irrelevant. 

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

There were definately some positives to take from the first half of the Wisconsin and ECU games that can be built upon. I don't like dismissing prior games as irrelevant. Maybe he means the outcomes of the games are irrelevant at this point in the rebuild which I somewhat buy, but this week is really a make or break in that regard I think. At this point we have lost to 3 P5 teams and AAC favorite ECU. Lose to Tulsa and that opens up a whole new can of worms.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  839
  • Days Won:  0

Also the mental fatigue is on the coaches. We have recruited well and have the athletes to be at the top of this conference. The coaches should have this team focused on finishing games and getting W's. At this point there should be no looking ahead or trap games so I can't think of a valid reason this team wouldn't be 100% focused other than the coaches haven't prepared them well enough.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I know where you're coming from, and again I know why he said it for motivation (have a short memory), I just think it's like saying you can't learn anything from a game you just played, which is silly. I'll agree with the SPIRIT of his comment to avoid dwelling on it.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,426
  • Days Won:  19

I really really really hope Taggart knows what he is doing