• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF to play Texas & BYU

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Harlan should have gotten a 2 for 1 in our favor.

Nah, I expect him to pull that with Florida any day now.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

8 years ago we turned down a series with Texas because it was 2 for 1. UCF ended up getting it.

Incorrect. That 2-for-1 series with UCF/Texas with the first game of the series set for Opening Day of UCF's BHNS back in 2007 was set up by ESPN...specifically to showcase that first game ever played on-campus at UCF with the 2005 National Champion Longhorns.

UT wasn't even looking for a game in FLA but ESPN helped convince them of it (UCF agreeing to play 2 games in  Austin obviously helped).

Edited by Knight_Light

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

8 years ago we turned down a series with Texas because it was 2 for 1. UCF ended up getting it.

Incorrect. That 2-for-1 series with UCF/Texas with the first game of the series set for Opening Day of UCF's BHNS back in 2007 was set up by ESPN...specifically to showcase that first game ever played on-campus at UCF with the 2005 National Champion Longhorns.

UT wasn't even looking for a game in FLA but ESPN helped convince them of it (UCF agreeing to play 2 games in  Austin obviously helped).

Link?

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,356
  • Days Won:  43

Well, we'll be in the Big 12 by then.  So it makes sense. 

AmIRite? 

Texas may be out of the BIG 12 by then and we may be in the BIG 12 by then. So it is good to have this insurance policy. Crazier things have happened. 

I can't believe you people are whining about a 2 for 1 with TEXAS. Texas does what they want, and we are USF not FSU. On top of that, they are paying us 1.2million for the 3rd game at their house.

Yes please and thank you. 3 shots at Texas, with guaranteed money at the end.

And dont forget that having a 2 for 1 with Texas will pretty much make it hard for Texas to cancel the return trip to Tampa as they would lose a home game with us if they did that. I am now wishing we had a 2 for 1 deal with Mich St so they would have not pulled that crap on us. 

Hope the Texas return game doesn't end up like the UF return game

USF never had a home game scheduled with UF. UF will never play in Tampa against USF. NEVER!!! We had two games scheduled up in Gainesville and we only played one. The other was cancelled which is fine with me as I had a horrible time in that town. 

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Why does everyone think there was a UF return game? It was a 2 for 0.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

UT wasn't even looking for a game in FLA but ESPN helped convince them of it (UCF agreeing to play 2 games in Austin obviously helped).

No. I know for 100% this was correct.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

USF never had a home game scheduled with UF. UF will never play in Tampa against USF. NEVER!!! We had two games scheduled up in Gainesville and we only played one. The other was cancelled which is fine with me as I had a horrible time in that town. 

Never say never, although it's less than a 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000001% chance :).  Also, I believe the second UF game is still out there, it just hasn't been rescheduled yet.

• Topic Count:  83
  • Content Count:  7,041
  • Days Won:  11

Didn't see anything official from UT in there .... and I'm not trying to bust your chops but if the only source they had is the one we've got, still may not be a done deal. The BM has been known to want to be the first, not necessarily the most accurate.

What are you, a doubting Thomas?  It's all over the internet.

http://www.statesman.com/feed/sports/texas-adds-south-florida-to-its-schedule-in-2019/fmLbJ/

yes, yes he is :D