• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It will warm the hearts of some of you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Mike White will need to produce quickly Friday night or he will be pulled.  He will be on a very, very short leash.

Last time he got pulled, it was because he dared launch a 75 yard TD. :FIREdevil:

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Mike White will need to produce quickly Friday night or he will be pulled. He will be on a very, very short leash.

All evidence points to the contrary.

Agreed. If we believe CWT, White's the guy. And that's that.

I believe CWT, however, this week will go a long way towards my deciding if I believe in CWT.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Coach is just trolling us, right?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Mike White will need to produce quickly Friday night or he will be pulled.  He will be on a very, very short leash.

Last time he got pulled, it was because he dared launch a 75 yard TD. :FIREdevil:

The only thing that can get White pulled is success. Hence the reason its been so rare.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Awesome!

More false starts, motion penalties and play clock violations.....

Can't wait!

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878

You guys are harsh! Granted, your pessimism is somewhat rooted, but I don't think we 100% know where the problem is yet.

One thing's for sure though, if they do start having delay-of-game or motion junk, CWT will need to pull himself. They've been pretty good there so far this season.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612

Here's what you have to remember.  When White went down on play one vs. Maryland the only back up was Bench.  He (Bench) was really handcuffed with play calling to protect him from injury.  Not knowing White's status, and an unproven Freshman (Flowers) as the only back up.  Bench only took off on one play and it was the TD run.  Bench's greatest asset is his ability to run.

Now that White is relatively healthy and Bench is 100%, White is now able to be pulled for lack of production.  Additionally, UConn is terrible against the run.  If it got to Flowers on the depth chart, the play would be to spread the field, have him look at one receiver and run or lots of read option.  Our RBs should play a very big role Friday night.

UConn does not match up well with us defensively. 

I believe you'll see a very different USF team Friday night.

Go Bulls!

I thought NC State was bad against the run and we know how that turned out....

Listen, BA I hope sure hope you're right but I've lost all faith in this team. From here on out I'm a Missourian when it comes to our Bulls.

They have to show me something.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,959
  • Days Won:  12

Taggart has a vision and is pushing through. I hope it works. 

Patience payoffs

Some of the most successful coaches in collegiate history had rocky starts

Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech (football)

Went 25-39-2 in his first six years. School stuck with him, and the Hokies have enjoyed 21 consecutive winning seasons on his watch

John McKay, Southern Cal (football)

Nearly run out of L.A. after going 8-11-1 in first two seasons. In Year Three, won the first of his four national crowns

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/how-long-should-willie-taggart-have-to-rebuilt-usf-football/2198350

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Here's what you have to remember.  When White went down on play one vs. Maryland the only back up was Bench.  He (Bench) was really handcuffed with play calling to protect him from injury.  Not knowing White's status, and an unproven Freshman (Flowers) as the only back up.  Bench only took off on one play and it was the TD run.  Bench's greatest asset is his ability to run.

Now that White is relatively healthy and Bench is 100%, White is now able to be pulled for lack of production.  Additionally, UConn is terrible against the run.  If it got to Flowers on the depth chart, the play would be to spread the field, have him look at one receiver and run or lots of read option.  Our RBs should play a very big role Friday night.

UConn does not match up well with us defensively. 

I believe you'll see a very different USF team Friday night.

Go Bulls!

UConn has played boise state and BYU. held both well below average. In fact UConn is only giving up 120 yards rushing per game.

not sure why you think they aren't good run defenders. they gave up 52 yards rushing against boise state. held them to under 300 yards total offense. the same boise state that ran for 324 yards against colorado state.

Bench ran for negative yardage last year

Edited by Bull94