• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

It will warm the hearts of some of you

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Content Count:  3,594
  • Days Won:  3

Yeah I was about to say.  UCONN, aside from BYU understandably, has been very stout against the run.

We are not scoring a point offensively in this game.  Mark it down.  Either defense or special teams will score. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Yeah I was about to say.  UCONN, aside from BYU understandably, has been very stout against the run.

We are not scoring a point offensively in this game.  Mark it down.  Either defense or special teams will score. 

that could be the case for both sides. we beat them last year without scoring an offensive Td. hopefully we can do it again.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

This may be slightly off topic, although ultimately it would have been CWT's decision...  Not sure whether anyone else has mentioned this.  Our defense seemed to be the strength of our team last year (although admittedly we were pretty weak overall).  So why did Coach B change our scheme to a 3-4?  Was it solely because we lost some starters on defense and wanted to adapt to the speed of some of our younger players?  Seems to me the transition hasn't worked out so good and may not have been worth it.  If he's making a long-term change and this is just year one of it, I understand.  But it's frustrating to fall so much in terms of team defense.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

Oh geez...  :facepalm:

Which offensive lineman will he try and hand the ball off to this game if we get inside UCONN's 5 yard line?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Taggart has a vision and is pushing through. I hope it works. 

Some of the most successful coaches in collegiate history had rocky starts.

Most of the least successful had rocky starts, too.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

This may be slightly off topic, although ultimately it would have been CWT's decision...  Not sure whether anyone else has mentioned this.  Our defense seemed to be the strength of our team last year (although admittedly we were pretty weak overall).  So why did Coach B change our scheme to a 3-4?  Was it solely because we lost some starters on defense and wanted to adapt to the speed of some of our younger players?  Seems to me the transition hasn't worked out so good and may not have been worth it.  If he's making a long-term change and this is just year one of it, I understand.  But it's frustrating to fall so much in terms of team defense.

Our defense was the strength of our team. It's a great question but considering we lost I think our top 4 defensive ends, Lynch, Mims, Giddins, Forte we may not have had the personnel to even run a 4-3. I would have to think this played a huge role in the decision to change schemes. Does anyone know if Bresnahan ran a 3-4 with the Raiders back in the day or if he's been mostly a 4-3 guy in the past?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

I asked this earlier. Does Coach B have 3 4 experience?

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  453
  • Days Won:  1

Beer just became tequila

I thinking maybe winepong.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I'll probabc still be in the hospital at game time for cardiac work up. Don't care who calls the plays, WIN, JUST WIN. Might help make me feel better.

Don't know you other than on the board, But hope it goes well and your ok.

Thanks. Just got out of the ER onto the cardiac monitoring floor. They have sirloin on the menu, lol.

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Beer just became tequila

I'm hitting the Shack Shine before I head into the game.