• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Who Still Thinks Willie Taggart is the coach of the future?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,493
  • Days Won:  13

You can't expect to beat decent teams with just a running back and absolutely no passing game when your defense gives up 30+ points.

How was the WCU QB able to go 46-66 and throw for 374 yards while USF couldn't even break 200?

Because 40 of the completions were simple 6 yard passes to players on near sideline. When the defense played closer what a shock wcu stalled.

Simple question....why can't we do that on offense ?

Simple answer....we did....during the Holtz era.  

I guess the near-300 rushing yards and 180+ passing yards on our QB's worst night ever doesn't work for everyone.

Man is it funny how fast people forget.   That was Holtz's entire passing playbook was bubble screens and 5 - 7 yard passes.  It ridiculously easy to beat and usually leads to interceptions because the defense closes down on you eventually.

apparently our D could not figure it out from the mighty WCU O.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411

WCU just provided the offensive game plan for all the year's opponents. Bubble and stick routes and fake onside kicks. Wisconsin game is going to be horrendous. The best news is NC State played as flat and didn't win until the end of the game against their doormat too.

• Topic Count:  2,337
  • Content Count:  21,340
  • Days Won:  10

I don't expect slick to understand anything that's posted, unless it agrees with his views 100%.

Talk about calling the kettle black.

Relax and give it time

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

ITT: People so use to seeing us lose, that they ***** and moan now that we've won a season opener again. What, did you want us to win by 50? score 100 points and 13 touchdowns?

Yeah, something like that. A JL-coached team would have killed WC.

CJL also had the extremely unique opportunity of molding an entire program from scratch the way he wanted.

Taggart is in year 2 of molding what he wants after being handed absolutely nothing from Holtz.

I still am having a hard time believing that people are actually upset with Taggart after this game when the 4-Star true freshman running back he convinced to come to USF instead of UCLA, Louisville, and a bunch of other P5 schools just showed that we will have a stud for years to come.

Just let Taggart keep recruiting. He may not be the best coach, but you know who else isn't a very good coach....Nick Saban. The guy though is the greatest recruiter in the history of college football and that is why Bama is constantly winning no less then 10 games per season.

On a side note I still can;'t believe he picked Lane Kiffin as his offensive coordinator.

Good post though Taggart has been losing my confidence.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

let's fire the man after 13 games.

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I don't think anyone is calling for that. I think people were expecting us to beat the crappiest team in FCS D2 by more than 5 points.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

I don't think anyone is calling for that. I think people were expecting us to beat the crappiest team in FCS D2 by more than 5 points.

Right, and as usual (myself included) some of us were having an emotional outburst because of the close score.  Most of us have calmed down.

Except for hbryan, the OP.  We could lock him in a freezer in the Arctic and he would melt the polar ice caps.  

• Topic Count:  554
  • Content Count:  14,411

You can't expect to beat decent teams with just a running back and absolutely no passing game when your defense gives up 30+ points.

How was the WCU QB able to go 46-66 and throw for 374 yards while USF couldn't even break 200?

Because 40 of the completions were simple 6 yard passes to players on near sideline. When the defense played closer what a shock wcu stalled.

Simple question....why can't we do that on offense ?

Simple answer....we did....during the Holtz era.  

I guess the near-300 rushing yards and 180+ passing yards on our QB's worst night ever doesn't work for everyone.

Man is it funny how fast people forget.   That was Holtz's entire passing playbook was bubble screens and 5 - 7 yard passes.  It ridiculously easy to beat and usually leads to interceptions because the defense closes down on you eventually.

Uh, Holtz's issue wasn't offense, most usually it was the defense. His offense would have put 60 points on WCU, like it did on Stony Brook, or 70 like on Florida AM, Even his last year, he was 3 one score games from a 6 win season.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Skip wasn't putting 60 on WCU unless BJ Daniels had eligibility left. Skip never won a game BJ did not start while at USF.

The last 3 games of 2012, sans Daniels, was putrid offensively.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  43
  • Days Won:  0

How many players played in the game that were recruited by Holtz?  There are plenty of players that are leftover from the Holtz era and everyone on this board admits that there were a lot of lackluster recruits.  Look, this team was awful with probably one of the worst offensive lines and QB's that were in the FBS.  ***Newsflash*** these guys are still playing!  This team is realistically 2 years away from being good, and I think that should give CWT enough time for us to fairly evaluate him.  We complain about the defense being soft?  Well no s#!%!  They are the same guys that were on that god forsaken awful I don't even know what to call it of a unit last year.  I think we'll see more freshman play as the year goes on, but lets be real on a few things: Our QB completed 9 passes on Western Carolina (pathetic), our receivers probably didn't help because they're really not good either.  Both of our O and D line are bad (doesn't really get any push or apply pressure) so that affects the rest of our defense.  I could go on and on but I think it's unrealistic to think that there will be much of a turn around from last year.  Skip Holtz left USF football in the same state as George W left our country.  Whether you think Obama has done a good job or not as our President, he realistically wasn't going to be able to make a dramatic turnaround for our country like CWT won't be able to overnight for our football team.  I hope I don't get banned from the board for that analogy... lol.