• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trying to get a gauge on where the board stands. What position are you most concerned about and which do you feel the most confident and why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Currently, I was least confident in the coaching department (especially play calling). After Taggart removed himself from those responsibilities, the QB position is now my least confident position. We had a great stretch of QB's between Grothe and Daniels - we are far from those days presently.

Strongest position - man, it's hard to tell. I'll say running back (there's no reason to be located in the state of Florida and have a weak sauce running game with all the athletes). If we're not strong in this department and our QB play is soft again, we'll be lucky to get to five wins.

Just my honest opinion. Guess we'll find out soon enough...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

Hey look at the bright side were not at the pat julmiste level of QB play......yet

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

I have to go with WR / TE here.

QB is the easy pick, but if everyone around the QB gets better, then the QB tends to also get better.   Our offensive line should be much better and that will help, and the freshman RB's sound like they are doing really well.   The WR position still very much concerns me though.  Davis is obviously good, but can the other guys step their game up.   If they can then the bulls will be in business this year.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Worried: O Line...however since we have Thor back and they moved Eatmon inside I am feeling much better about the situation

Confident: Our D will be just fine

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Offensive line and Wide Receiver are my biggest concerns. Better offensive line and WR play, can help mask a "greener" QB.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

Don't know of a good place for this, but with all the varied responses it just seemed reasonable to express here.

More than any prior year that I can remember (not counting the I-AA years), I feel our team's identity is a blank to be filled in by the first 3 games or so. I have confidence we'll see an improved team on the field this year: one that will play harder, not give up, and fight to get back some school pride. For that, they'll have my support win or lose.

I'm as inflated as anyone about how we'll do in those first couple of games, but I won't have to go get a Zoloft prescription if we don't decimate WCU. We have young players in key positions, so we're going to make mistakes. I just hope our fanbase doesn't collapse into an angry mob if we find it takes a few games to come together.

Thoughts vented, carry on.

Support, and let's go Bulls!! :iconic_u_black:  :GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  258
  • Content Count:  7,780
  • Days Won:  7

Quarterback is my biggest concern.  

Feel good about our special teams.  

Hopeful that our running backs will be much improved with new recruits from CWT and another year of experience all around.  

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

I'm most concerned about our ability to stop the run with this 3-4. Wisconsin might drop 300 yards on the ground.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

If they stick with the 3-4 against Wisconsin i might question Bresnahan and Taggart on that move.  We have some big guys to run the 4-3 just fine.  I have doubts that Vjax or Whitehurst are beefed up enough to do anything as a run stopping Buck LB against legit teams.  Currently IMO we don't have that tweener guy between LB and DE.  In a year or two VJax will be that guy or maybe Juwaun Brown, whoever wants it more but they have to put in serious work.

So I'd throw in freshmen Bronson out there at DE opposite Lee and let him get some experience against NC State for sure.  CJL always used a 4-3 and we've been doing pretty good with up until now minus Cosh.