• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Trying to get a gauge on where the board stands. What position are you most concerned about and which do you feel the most confident and why?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Most Concerened: QB & Running backs

Least Concerened: Defense

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I was concerned about the 3-4 switch as well HOWEVER after doing some heavy youtube research, I am quite excited about the switch!

Yeah if we can run the 3-4 well with our athletic linebackers it could really cause havoc for other teams.

Did you all see what happened to So.Car. tonight versus A&M?  They switched this year to the 3-4 from their normal 4-3, didn't turn out too well for them. This switch may worry me as much as much as the coaching position.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

I was concerned about the 3-4 switch as well HOWEVER after doing some heavy youtube research, I am quite excited about the switch!

Yeah if we can run the 3-4 well with our athletic linebackers it could really cause havoc for other teams.

Did you all see what happened to So.Car. tonight versus A&M?  They switched this year to the 3-4 from their normal 4-3, didn't turn out too well for them. This switch may worry me as much as much as the coaching position.

It didn't help that they were playing against one of the top offenses in college.  I have no idea what to expect from the 3-4 with our coaches and players but hopefully they look ok.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,682
  • Days Won:  8

Did you all see what happened to So.Car. tonight versus A&M? They switched this year to the 3-4 from their normal 4-3, didn't turn out too well for them. This switch may worry me as much as much as the coaching position.

Thankfully we will not be playing Texas A&M every week.

A&M is just loaded at offensive line and running back... Their new QB was known to be good and the only question mark was defense.

Kevin Sumlin is also has some coaching magic goong on at Texas A&M. Something about his offense just makes it nearly unstoppable. This is a team that puts up 50 points on almost every opponent they play. The 3-4 or 4-3 doesn't matter. They put up 50+ on Alabama even going up 21-0 last year I believe. They put up 44+ vs Auburn last year.

The game has much more to do with A&Ms offense genius and depth than S Carolina's defense.

South Carolina did not get trashed because of 3-4 defense. They got trashed because Texas A&M is loaded on offense and their coach Kevin Sumlin is some sort of offensive genius.

Texas A&M in 2013:

11 of 13 games scoring 40 or more points.

Including vs Alabama, auburn, ole miss and Arkansas.

6 of 13 games scoring 50 or more points.

2 of 13 scoring less than 40.

LSU help them to 10

Mizzou held them to 21

South Carolina did not get trashed because of 3-4 defense. They got trashed because Texas A&M is loaded on offense and their coach Kevin Sumlin is some sort of offensive genius.

Texas A&M in 2013:

LSU help them to 10

Mizzou held them to 21

Vandy went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this year and is getting worked by Temple.  I guess Temple is being coached by Kevin Sumlin too.   :roflmao:

Texas A&M in 2013:

LSU help them to 10

Mizzou held them to 21

Vandy went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this year and is getting worked by Temple. I guess Temple is being coached by Kevin Sumlin too. :roflmao:

Vandy is slinging interceptions left and right.

SIX turnovers by Vanderbuilt. Is that the fault of the 3-4 defense? They look like USF circa 2013.

Edited by Gismo

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  44
  • Days Won:  0

I think that the problem with vandy wasn't there 3-4 defense it was more of the offense doing nothing and forcing the defense to get in every minute. 6 turnovers, just too much for a defense to handle. Although the south carolina game worries me regarding the 3-4, but we will not be facing a very good offense until we face Wisconsin, and the 3-4 will actually be better with a running offense.  

Texas A&M in 2013:

LSU help them to 10

Mizzou held them to 21

Vandy went from a 4-3 to a 3-4 this year and is getting worked by Temple. I guess Temple is being coached by Kevin Sumlin too. :roflmao:

Vandy is slinging interceptions left and right.

SIX turnovers by Vanderbuilt. Is that the fault of the 3-4 defense? They look like USF circa 2013.

OK so let me see if I've got this correct.

1. Lack of defense in one game is because.........Kevin Sumlin but not to the recently converted to 3-4

2. Lack of defense in another game is because..........an opposing offense gave up the ball but not to the recently converted to 3-4

3. Lack of defense in any other game will be because of some other reason other than they were beat up in the trenches on defense, except of course if they haven't converted to a 3-4 this year.

Now I've got it.  I should have come to you first, I would have saved myself the trouble of watching those games and could have just received your wisdom in typed words.   :dankk2:

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

I'm most concerned with White. We need a better QB than Kean in this class for next year. I think our linebackers are going to shine this year. I love their size (tall and around 230lbs). Huge linebackers don't cut it anymore in college ball, you need to be cut and fast to make open field tackles and swarm the field.