• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Things I liked about Skip Holtz:

1) His recruiting was no where near as bad as people say it isFrom what USF was used to, and with the relevance that we were currently enjoying, it was bad.

2) He seemed like a nice guy. 

3) The white windbreaker looked nice and I bought one. While I did like Mr. Holtz's windbreaker and bucket hat, his physique and ability to dress himself is nowhere near that of Mr. Taggart. That man is fly. 

4) Coach Lou talking about USF.

5) APR went up.

Things I did not like about Skip Holtz:

1) His ability to coach football at USF.

2.)His coaching staff selection criteria

3.)His ability to motivate a team

4.)His ability to control the players he coaches

Also, it looks like our Depth Chart, for RBs at least, serves little meaning. Coach T just said while Tice may get the first couple carries, it will largely be RB by committee. (Tice, Mack, Johnson) maybe McCray?

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

I really wish I shared the hope so many have on this board but so far I have seen nothing that makes me think this team will be very good.  2-10.....that's all I have seen so far.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really wish I shared the hope so many have on this board but so far I have seen nothing that makes me think this team will be very good.  2-10.....that's all I have seen so far.

Geez Nancy, Let us have this week at least.

• Upvote 1

Please go root for another team. With nancy's like you, who needs opponents. 

Edited by Hem

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

Things I liked about Skip Holtz:

1) His recruiting was no where near as bad as people say it isFrom what USF was used to, and with the relevance that we were currently enjoying, it was bad.

2) He seemed like a nice guy. 

3) The white windbreaker looked nice and I bought one. While I did like Mr. Holtz's windbreaker and bucket hat, his physique and ability to dress himself is nowhere near that of Mr. Taggart. That man is fly. 

4) Coach Lou talking about USF.

5) APR went up.

Things I did not like about Skip Holtz:

1) His ability to coach football at USF.

2.)His coaching staff selection criteria

3.)His ability to motivate a team

4.)His ability to control the players he coaches

Also, it looks like our Depth Chart, for RBs at least, serves little meaning. Coach T just said while Tice may get the first couple carries, it will largely be RB by committee. (Tice, Mack, Johnson) maybe McCray?

don't forget

5. his inability to call a damned timeout

I figured that was lumped in with #1

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

My list wasn't weighted equally and yes, timeouts fall under #1 in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Holtz did recruit some quality players, but at the skill position, QB, WR and RB, he left gaping holes equivalent to NCAA sanctions.

Within those 3 positions, Davis is the only Holtz recruit on the 2 deep. Two if you throw in White. I believe Welch was a Leavitt recruit. You couple that with horrendous player development and the Mr. Rogers culture that he helped instill in the program and 2-10 seems pretty logical.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Please go root for another team. With nancy's like you, who needs opponents.

Instead of you guys breaking out the lame, overworked "Nancy" nonsense, why not try to find out what he's basing that on. Until we line up against another team, nobody's really seen anything, have they?

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Holtz did recruit some quality players, but at the skill position, QB, WR and RB, he left gaping holes equivalent to NCAA sanctions.

Within those 3 positions, Davis is the only Holtz recruit on the 2 deep. Two if you throw in White. I believe Welch was a Leavitt recruit. You couple that with horrendous player development and the Mr. Rogers culture that he helped instill in the program and 2-10 seems pretty logical.

I disagree, except for QB (I'm counting White as a CWT recruit... sorry DB). The problem was and maybe still is the lack of quality o-linemen. "Mr. Rogers Culture" didn't help that problem either.