• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Holtz never offered him so you can't classify him as a Holtz recruit because you don't know if he would have or not ...

That is a ridiculous statement.  Did you read the article and the direct quotes?  When Holtz was fired White thought the offer would be pulled.  He was absolutely offered.  It is in black and white.  All Taggart did was honor the Holtz offer.  

Let's try this again:

White barely had untied his cleats when Taggart called him with a message: You're still our guy

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bigger-stronger-mike-white-set-to-lead-usf-bulls/2193787

You can try again and again and again but there is nothing to indicate that Holtz signed off on the offer before getting canned... and from your previous quoted article:

"They told me at halftime, 'Listen, we just need Holtz to sign off on it and we're offering you,' " White recalled. Less than 48 hours later, Holtz was fired, and White believed the offer was toast.

Nothing there indicates they ever got back to him with an offer. 247's time line doesn't show one. Looks like he was saying that any forthcoming offer from USF appeared to be toast. More ...

"I thought once Coach Holtz was fired that USF was out of the picture because they would bring in a whole new staff and they would have other QBs in mind", White explained. 
Despite this, White said that once he got an offer, the choice to commit to USF came easily due in part to the offense that new head coach Willie Taggart runs.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Holtz never offered him so you can't classify him as a Holtz recruit because you don't know if he would have or not ...

That is a ridiculous statement.  Did you read the article and the direct quotes?  When Holtz was fired White thought the offer would be pulled.  He was absolutely offered.  It is in black and white.  All Taggart did was honor the Holtz offer.  

Let's try this again:

White barely had untied his cleats when Taggart called him with a message: You're still our guy

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bigger-stronger-mike-white-set-to-lead-usf-bulls/2193787

You can try again and again and again but there is nothing to indicate that Holtz signed off on the offer before getting canned... and from your previous quoted article:

"They told me at halftime, 'Listen, we just need Holtz to sign off on it and we're offering you,' " White recalled. Less than 48 hours later, Holtz was fired, and White believed the offer was toast.

Nothing there indicates they ever got back to him with an offer. 247's time line doesn't show one. Looks like he was saying that any forthcoming offer from USF appeared to be toast. More ...

"I thought once Coach Holtz was fired that USF was out of the picture because they would bring in a whole new staff and they would have other QBs in mind", White explained. 
Despite this, White said that once he got an offer, the choice to commit to USF came easily due in part to the offense that new head coach Willie Taggart runs.

LOL.  So the assistant coaches were recruiting him without Holtz knowledge.

Are you going to tell me he wasn't being recruited?  That is what we are talking about here.  Bulls coaches were visiting him on multiple occasions while Holtz was the coach.  No one visited while CWT was the coach, he was only on the job two hours when CWT officially offered.  That isn't recruiting. 

And you are also going to tell me that Holtz did not approve of the assistants talking to him about an offer?  Holtz knew nothing about White being recruited?

Ridiculous.

You have gone far off the reservation on this one, Trip.

White says he was offered under Holtz, but you know more than he does.  Okey dokey.

White says he was offered under Holtz, 

:rolleyes:  ... You can keep saying that as much as you want but he never said he was offered under Holtz. The biggest problem here is that we both have different definitions of what a Holtz recruit is and we're obviously not going to agree, so lets let the thread get back to wondering wtf Dunk is doing starting at cb ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Remember this morning when I joked about this scenario and you didn't get it, Shadow? Good times.

Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

Remember this morning when I joked about this scenario and you didn't get it, Shadow? Good times.

I wasn't here this morning .... 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What shenanigans are you trying to pull here, buddy?

What on earth are you talking about? Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz. I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

What do you mean, shenanigans?

Just go with it, Shadow. Consider whom you're talking to.

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads. I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

Shadow, what I was joking about (and you didn't pick up on) is that every time Mike White gets brought up, one side or the other (CWT v. Holtz) claims him as their recruit and is adamant that either Holtz did all the heavy lifting and CWT vutltured the signing or CWT is the savior and Holtz could never bring in a QB. This is probably the 5th time we've circled this topic. One of the threads actually devolved into a debate about the definition of a "recruit" and since White signed with CWT, he can not be declared a recruit of Holtz.
Something, something, learn from the past...doomed to repeat it. Edited by JTrue
  • Upvote 1

What on earth are you talking about? Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz. I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

Just go with it, Shadow. Consider whom you're talking to.

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads. I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

Shadow, what I was joking about (and you didn't pick up on) is that every time Mike White gets brought up, one side or the other (CWT v. Holtz) claims him as their recruit and is adamant that either Holtz did all the heavy lifting and CWT vutltured the signing or CWT is the savior and Holtz could never bring in a QB. This is probably the 5th time we've circled this topic. One of the threads actually devolved into a debate about the definition of a "recruit" and since White signed with CWT, he can not be declared a recruit of Holtz.
Something, something, learn from the past...doomed to repeat it.

Hey, I said something like that somewhere on here recently.......... I think

White says he was offered under Holtz, 

:rolleyes:  ... You can keep saying that as much as you want but he never said he was offered under Holtz. The biggest problem here is that we both have different definitions of what a Holtz recruit is and we're obviously not going to agree, so lets let the thread get back to wondering wtf Dunk is doing starting at cb ...

The problem is that I originally stated very clearly that he was RECRUITED under Holtz.  You are the one talking about being offered, which was not what I said.  But I'm glad you decided to argue against a point I did not make.  

In any event, White believes he was offered.  Maybe you should tell him he doesn't know what he is talking about.

What on earth are you talking about?  Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz.  I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

Just go with it, Shadow.  Consider whom you're talking to.

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads.  I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

And as for my responding in other threads before this one, I don't make a list by time and respond to them in a queue. Also, this is retarded.

You stated that Holtz "did not recruit White".

Mike White disagrees.  Not sure why you are arguing the point.

Here was your original point.  Every quote of mine in this thread said he was RECRUITED under Holtz.  Your counter was that he was not offered.  I guess I should have just said your point was irrelevant, though clearly White believes he was offered.  

In any case, I said he was RECRUITED not that he was OFFERED. 

Can you show me any proof that Taggart actually did any recruiting?  It appears to me all he did was confirm an offer.