• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,669
  • Days Won:  424

What shenanigans are you trying to pull here, buddy?

What on earth are you talking about?  Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz.  I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

What do you mean, shenanigans?

Just go with it, Shadow.  Consider whom you're talking to.

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads.  I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

Shadow, what I was joking about (and you didn't pick up on) is that every time Mike White gets brought up, one side or the other (CWT v. Holtz) claims him as their recruit and is adamant that either Holtz did all the heavy lifting and CWT vutltured the signing or CWT is the savior and Holtz could never bring in a QB. This is probably the 5th time we've circled this topic. One of the threads actually devolved into a debate about the definition of a "recruit" and since White signed with CWT, he can not be declared a recruit of Holtz.

And as for my responding in other threads before this one, I don't make a list by time and respond to them in a queue. Also, this is retarded.

You stated that Holtz "did not recruit White".

Mike White disagrees.  Not sure why you are arguing the point.

Holtz never offered him so you can't classify him as a Holtz recruit because you don't know if he would have or not ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

I really wish I shared the hope so many have on this board but so far I have seen nothing that makes me think this team will be very good.  2-10.....that's all I have seen so far.

Please go root for another team. With nancy's like you, who needs opponents.

Instead of you guys breaking out the lame, overworked "Nancy" nonsense, why not try to find out what he's basing that on. Until we line up against another team, nobody's really seen anything, have they?

Yes, Nancy.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

What shenanigans are you trying to pull here, buddy?

What on earth are you talking about?  Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz.  I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

What do you mean, shenanigans?

Just go with it, Shadow.  Consider whom you're talking to.

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads.  I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

Shadow, what I was joking about (and you didn't pick up on) is that every time Mike White gets brought up, one side or the other (CWT v. Holtz) claims him as their recruit and is adamant that either Holtz did all the heavy lifting and CWT vutltured the signing or CWT is the savior and Holtz could never bring in a QB. This is probably the 5th time we've circled this topic. One of the threads actually devolved into a debate about the definition of a "recruit" and since White signed with CWT, he can not be declared a recruit of Holtz.

And as for my responding in other threads before this one, I don't make a list by time and respond to them in a queue. Also, this is retarded.

You stated that Holtz "did not recruit White".

Mike White disagrees.  Not sure why you are arguing the point.

Holtz never offered him so you can't classify him as a Holtz recruit because you don't know if he would have or not ...

That is a ridiculous statement.  Did you read the article and the direct quotes?  When Holtz was fired White thought the offer would be pulled.  He was absolutely offered.  It is in black and white.  All Taggart did was honor the Holtz offer.  

Let's try this again:

White barely had untied his cleats when Taggart called him with a message: You're still our guy

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bigger-stronger-mike-white-set-to-lead-usf-bulls/2193787

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I really wish I shared the hope so many have on this board but so far I have seen nothing that makes me think this team will be very good.  2-10.....that's all I have seen so far.

No offense, but if you see 2-10, then you haven't been paying attention to the development of the team, from a growing QB, better receiving core, beefier line and infusion of young talent, this is clearly a much better team.  It'll need to translate to wins, but 1 is a given...and unless we're horrible, 4-5 wins should be the floor for this season.  We'll know a lot more after Maryland.

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  3,802
  • Days Won:  3

No offense, but if you see 2-10, then you haven't been paying attention to the development of the team, from a growing QB, better receiving core, beefier line and infusion of young talent, this is clearly a much better team.  It'll need to translate to wins, but 1 is a given...and unless we're horrible, 4-5 wins should be the floor for this season.  We'll know a lot more after Maryland.

Sigh... I'll ask you as I have many others, what about our receiving core is so much better that we can count on it as a reason we'll improve? Did Davis clone himself? Or, we are putting all our eggs in the Bronson/Adams basket? It's the same exact core as last year, except it lost Dunkley.

and getting back on topic.

I was surprised to see neither McCants nor Flowers on chart in some fashion. I would love to see a package with Bench and Flowers in as dual tailbacks. Maybe we could work McCants into a PR/KR role, so we could get some of our full-time guys off those 2 deep assignmements

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/926572/highlights/45591389

Edited by Reliable Source

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,628
  • Days Won:  0

McFarland is still on the team. Dude was a beast. The WR's will improve simply because the QB/Oline play should improve. It should give them more opportunities 

McFarland is still on the team. Dude was a beast. The WR's will improve simply because the QB/Oline play should improve. It should give them more opportunities 

apparently welch had a monster OS

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

I really wish I shared the hope so many have on this board but so far I have seen nothing that makes me think this team will be very good. 2-10.....that's all I have seen so far.

No offense, but if you see 2-10, then you haven't been paying attention to the development of the team, from a growing QB, better receiving core, beefier line and infusion of young talent, this is clearly a much better team. It'll need to translate to wins, but 1 is a given...and unless we're horrible, 4-5 wins should be the floor for this season. We'll know a lot more after Maryland.

Sigh... I'll ask you as I have many others, what about our receiving core is so much better that we can count on it as a reason we'll improve? Did Davis clone himself? Or, we are putting all our eggs in the Bronson/Adams basket? It's the same exact core as last year, except it lost Dunkley.

Davis, Adams, Price, McFarland should see the bulk of receptions

Putting eggs in a basket? Adams has showed that he's a top WR in camp and pre-season, and apparently so has Bronson. Did you go to any of the practices?

You also realize this isn't the spread, right? We don't need 4 wideouts.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

:popcorn: