• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Depth chart really shows the job Holtz did.

I know. Good thing he signed Cliett and Chandler, Gudmundsson, Eatmon, Jozwiak, Eric Lee,, Andre Davis, etc. etc..

And White.

We've covered this extensively. Holtz did not recruit White. CWT saw him, offered him, and White accepted all in one day.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Vincent Jackson is a specimen. 6'2/246 freshman? Dang.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Depth chart really shows the job Holtz did.

I know. Good thing he signed Cliett and Chandler, Gudmundsson, Eatmon, Jozwiak, Eric Lee,, Andre Davis, etc. etc..

And White.

We've covered this extensively. Holtz did not recruit White. CWT saw him, offered him, and White accepted all in one day.

Sorry, Mike White refutes this.  He was recruited by Holtz and was told an offer would be forthcoming right before Holtz was fired.  All Taggart did was agree to offer White.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/bigger-stronger-mike-white-set-to-lead-usf-bulls/2193787

Over one screwy weekend two autumns ago, Mike White earned a scholarship from USF only to presume he lost it. As the Skip Holtz coaching era segued from dusk to darkness, some Bulls assistants crossed the Courtney Campbell Causeway to observe White, a gangling Fort Lauderdale University senior quarterback, in a Class 3A playoff game at Clearwater Central Catholic. Before kickoff, they told White, in not so many words, a solid performance would warrant an offer. He didn't toss a first-half incompletion, finishing 26-for-30 for 324 yards and two touchdowns in a 42-0 win. "They told me at halftime, 'Listen, we just need Holtz to sign off on it and we're offering you,' " White recalled. Less than 48 hours later, Holtz was fired, and White believed the offer was toast. A week later at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, he led University to a state title, rallying it from 17 points down for a 24-17 win against Madison County. At roughly the same time, Willie Taggart was being introduced as Holtz's replacement. White barely had untied his cleats when Taggart called him with a message: You're still our guy. "I knew I wanted to be a Bull right then, so I said, 'Let me talk to my parents,' " White recalled. "I talked to my parents. Two minutes later, I called him back and committed."

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What shenanigans are you trying to pull here, buddy?

What on earth are you talking about?  Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz.  I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

What do you mean, shenanigans?

Edited by ShadowBull

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

What on earth are you talking about?  Mike White says that he was being recruited under Holtz.  I provided a link to direct quotes from White.

Just go with it, Shadow.  Consider whom you're talking to. 

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

DGNUPDQRASECCSZ.20130903211745.jpg

Dude is a rock star.

Look good, play awesome?

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

I think this is a solid young team my biggest concerns are offensive and defensive lines.

Getting Thor back is big.

My concern is quality depth, like its been for years at USF.  After injuries, and fatigue, take their toll in a game can these guys not lose the game?

That is the big difference between USF and P5's better teams. Their depth chart is solid in most positions. We had it during that span with the D Line during the time of the FSU win, but not at all positions and not for year after year.

Edited by slick1ru2

Just go with it, Shadow.  Consider whom you're talking to. 

He hasn't responded again while responding in other threads.  I guess I provided him information he was previously unaware of.

• Topic Count:  553
  • Content Count:  14,405
  • Days Won:  13

Kinda sorry I brought the Holtz recruits up but sometimes the talk gets a little overboard on 'what he did to the team'. He's attracted quality recruits to the program and is still doing it at LaTech, he just got two Big 10 transfers. Maybe this level was above his coaching and everyone isn't cut out for this level. He's gone, he's left some quality players. Now CWT on paper has done great and let's hope he's going to get the program back in the news. Go BULLS!