• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers looking great...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's more likely?

1) A bunch of USF fans went to practice the past couple of days and are simply relaying what they've seen and heard or

2) a bunch of USF fans secretly hate the program and are coming here flat out lying about Flowers for no reason other than to spread false news AND the local media have decided they also don't like him so they're refusing to say anything positive about his efforts so far?

JTrue, you should go with option #1. Please take in tomorrow's practice and see for yourself. If you see something differently than what I've put out, then great. I hate to report that type of news, as we all want USF to get back to football relevancy. However, there's some people here who prefer to go along in a daze and they just want to here positive things only about every player on this team.

Ok, for those people, here you go: Flowers was fantastic today and should immediately be made the #1 QB. I project that Flowers will be on the Heisman short-list after his freshman season.

I hope some of you feel much better now? BTW, why don't you take your butts over to practice Saturday afternoon - don't forget your green & gold sunglasses and matching t-back panties - and then speak from knowledge for a change. Geez, some of you here just suck beyond belief.....

I'll prefer to stand alone behind our dedicated student athletes and our hard working Coach on this one. Really haven't heard the press weigh in on Flowers after seeing him for 1 day.

There it is. Someone says Flowers has bad footwork, a weaker arm, and is behind our other QBs and it means he doesn't support our athletes.

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

I love the JTrue/Bullwinkle duels! 

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I love the JTrue/Bullwinkle duels! 

Are you sure they aren't the same person, ala Me, Myself, & Irene, arguing with their alter ego? :roflmao:

Edited by hbryan

• Topic Count:  170
  • Content Count:  5,722
  • Days Won:  8

IMO a little too strong on the negative comments on Winky! 

One of the best athletes that we've ever had at USF

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Seriously?

• Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

I don't think anyone said he wasn't a great athlete.  I personally think that he is a great athlete, just not a great QB at this time. Give him time to ferment in the system or maybe find a position where his great athleticism can be a plus to himself and the team.  Just sayin............

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  4,432
  • Days Won:  19

Our HC was a QB... I'm not worried right now

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I appreciate the mods cleaning up a bit, but would like to say that we don't have to provide links to a reliable source...SoTampBull's implying that his source is reliable to him, likely someone he knows well (without an agenda), and whose opinion he trusts (PS, doesn't mean he's right, just trusted).

I don't think anyone is bashing Flowers, but rather pointing out how he's doing.  Most don't expect him to compete at QB this early (he's only been on campus 1-2 months, right).

Again, if you want links/quotes, here's Knight, with Taggart quotes.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

FLASHES OF THE FUTURE? Freshman QB Quinton Flowers provided one of the highlights of Friday's workout when he tucked the ball on an apparent zone-read play and darted and diced his way for a TD of roughly 30 yards.

The next play, his pass to the right sideline -- intended for classmate Stanley Clerveaux -- was picked by Jalen Spencer.

"He's coming along. Again, this offense is not easy to learn," Taggart said.

"We tell Quinton to just play football. Don't over-think things, don't try to do like those (older) guys, go do what you do. And I think that's what you saw on that run; he didn't think, he just reacted. And on the pick, I think he telegraphed that. He was locked into throwing to one guy."

On the positive, in early quotes by reporters & Taggart, Flowers is showing leadership and raw talent.  Weeks ago, FWIW, I viewed him as a more talented version of Victor Marc (who I really liked).

3 more weeks till the players to get to hit others, and we get to talk about games instead of practice.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

Links are extremely over-rated.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Links are extremely over-rated.

Sometimes .... but it would have been nice to have had one before spending pages talking about Harlan's mythical future ooc possibilities. ;)