• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers looking great...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,686
  • Days Won:  14

Breath of fresh air this year to have two legitimate contenders at QB plus a (hopefully) quality understudy.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If all works out with White, Flowers has three years to turn raw potential into results.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

The best thing they can do with Flowers is redshirt him and have him learn from the sideline for the next 2 seasons.   In High School he showed some great ability to make plays with his legs but was only a 50 percent passer.   From what I have heard on here his arm strength does not look very good right now but in 2 years that could be a completely different story.  

I am just glad to hear that both White and Bench look miles ahead of where they were last year.   Alot of that stems from much better offensive line play though.   It's hard for young guys to learn an offense and make their reads when they are constantly on their back.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

I think most people expected Flowers to be a project. Grothe often didn't put the zip on the ball that it needed, but managed to get it done when it mattered. Hopefully our existing QBs are good enough that Flowers isn't forced into action before he's ready.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Just left practice; Flowers needs to work on footwork and balance. The kid is very enthusiastic and can turn into a great leader, but he was throwing low and behind his receivers

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Throwing behind receivers COULD be that's he's not calibrated to faster receivers at the next level?  Not sure how much faster our WRs are v what he played with in HS.  Still, that wouldn't explain the "toes throws".  Could be he's pressing, as he's likely putting pressure on himself to provide he can play QB at this level (and to prove wrong all the schools who passed on him as QB).

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Throwing behind receivers COULD be that's he's not calibrated to faster receivers at the next level?  Not sure how much faster our WRs are v what he played with in HS.  Still, that wouldn't explain the "toes throws".  Could be he's pressing, as he's likely putting pressure on himself to provide he can play QB at this level (and to prove wrong all the schools who passed on him as QB).

Jupe, I wish that was the case, but from reliable sources that were at practice today, they pretty much had the same reviews on him that I witnessed yesterday.  IMO, I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB.  Yes, he could get stronger and coaches could work with him, but from what he's showed so far, I'd say that he does not have the natural mechanics of a Div-1 QB. At best, it will be some time before anyone should expect to see him as a someone who can lead this team - especially in this pro-style offense - or come in as a reserve if the #1 is injured.  The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there, and from what I saw the last two days. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Jupe, I wish that was the case, but from reliable sources that were at practice today, they pretty much had the same reviews on him that I witnessed yesterday.  IMO, I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB.  Yes, he could get stronger and coaches could work with him, but from what he's showed so far, I'd say that he does not have the natural mechanics of a Div-1 QB. At best, it will be some time before anyone should expect to see him as a someone who can lead this team - especially in this pro-style offense - or come in as a reserve if the #1 is injured.  The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there, and from what I saw the last two days. 

Pearls of wisdom and "reliable sources" from someone following the team here since last Sept. I can't even be upset at that. Would be like being mad at a 1st grader. Kind of sounds like a jilted GF

I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB

Give me a break. We pass over your son or what? R U Evan Wilsons Dad ?

from reliable sources that were at practice today.

The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there

If your gonna quote a "source" please give it attribution. Don't think, kid's dad counts. SMH. Time to close practice back up.

Edited by The Late Bullwinkle

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What's more likely?

1) A bunch of USF fans went to practice the past couple of days and are simply relaying what they've seen and heard or

2) a bunch of USF fans secretly hate the program and are coming here flat out lying about Flowers for no reason other than to spread false news AND the local media have decided they also don't like him so they're refusing to say anything positive about his efforts so far?

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  159
  • Days Won:  0

Pearls of wisdom and "reliable sources" from someone following the team here since last Sept. I can't even be upset at that. Would be like being mad at a 1st grader. Kind of sounds like a jilted GF

I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB

Give me a break. We pass over your son or what? R U Evan Wilsons Dad ?

from reliable sources that were at practice today.

The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there

If your gonna quote a "source" please give it attribution. Don't think, kid's dad counts. SMH. Time to close practice back up.

I think it's the kid's dad or something because I've heard differently.