• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers looking great...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Throwing behind receivers COULD be that's he's not calibrated to faster receivers at the next level?  Not sure how much faster our WRs are v what he played with in HS.  Still, that wouldn't explain the "toes throws".  Could be he's pressing, as he's likely putting pressure on himself to provide he can play QB at this level (and to prove wrong all the schools who passed on him as QB).

Jupe, I wish that was the case, but from reliable sources that were at practice today, they pretty much had the same reviews on him that I witnessed yesterday.  IMO, I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB.  Yes, he could get stronger and coaches could work with him, but from what he's showed so far, I'd say that he does not have the natural mechanics of a Div-1 QB. At best, it will be some time before anyone should expect to see him as a someone who can lead this team - especially in this pro-style offense - or come in as a reserve if the #1 is injured.  The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there, and from what I saw the last two days. 

Pearls of wisdom and "reliable sources" from someone following the team here since last Sept. I can't even be upset at that. Would be like being mad at a 1st grader. Kind of sounds like a jilted GF

I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB

Give me a break. We pass over your son or what? R U Evan Wilsons Dad ?

from reliable sources that were at practice today.

The best pure passer out there appears to be Evan Wilson.  That too was reported back to me today from those I know who were out there

If your gonna quote a "source" please give it attribution. Don't think, kid's dad counts. SMH. Time to close practice back up.

Because I chose to join this site fairly recently is not a legitimate argument that my observations are somehow inaccurate  Go to practice tomorrow and then report back to everyone here with what you saw.  Unless a miracle occurs, I'd say that you'll see the same thing.  However, based on your immature and inane response here, I'm sure that you're someone who will show up with his green and gold t-back panties on in anticipation of foaming at the mouth when watching a football practice. Sadly, it's people like you that prevent real dialogue here and realistic analysis about the state of USF football.  No, I do not have a kid on this team.  I had the week off from work and decided to take in a couple of practices. Apparently you're someone who only wants to hear what you want to hear regardless of the facts.  Please, take your lame, childish butt over to practice and analyze for yourself before making a disparaging remark about someone who was actually there and reporting back on what he saw.  You can't counter an argument without facts, and unless you have personal knowledge about what was seen, then you're nothing more than a delirious putz who doesn't like to hear something contrary to what you want to believe.  So, to make you feel better, I have these for you: the economy is doing fantastic, jobs are plentiful, our foreign policy is exemplary and Clinton didn't have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinsky.  I'm sure you feel better now. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I like this guy a lot.

• Topic Count:  653
  • Content Count:  31,049
  • Days Won:  172

I like this guy a lot.

wut he said!

"ZING!" comes to mind...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  131

What's more likely?

1) A bunch of USF fans went to practice the past couple of days and are simply relaying what they've seen and heard or

2) a bunch of USF fans secretly hate the program and are coming here flat out lying about Flowers for no reason other than to spread false news AND the local media have decided they also don't like him so they're refusing to say anything positive about his efforts so far?

JTrue, you should go with option #1.  Please take in tomorrow's practice and see for yourself.  If you see something differently than what I've put out, then great. I hate to report that type of news, as we all want USF to get back to football relevancy.  However, there's some people here who prefer to go along in a daze and they just want to here positive things only about every player on this team.  

Edited by Bulliever
remove non-necessary criticism of others

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I like this guy a lot.

wut he said!

"ZING!" comes to mind...

We're about 5-10 minutes from a textbook Bill response where he can't handle someone grounding his new recruit ***** and posts something so horribly asinine we all just ignore it and move along.

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

What's more likely?

1) A bunch of USF fans went to practice the past couple of days and are simply relaying what they've seen and heard or

2) a bunch of USF fans secretly hate the program and are coming here flat out lying about Flowers for no reason other than to spread false news AND the local media have decided they also don't like him so they're refusing to say anything positive about his efforts so far?

JTrue, you should go with option #1.  Please take in tomorrow's practice and see for yourself.  If you see something differently than what I've put out, then great. I hate to report that type of news, as we all want USF to get back to football relevancy.  However, there's some people here who prefer to go along in a daze and they just want to here positive things only about every player on this team.  

I'll prefer to stand alone behind our dedicated student athletes and our hard working Coach on this one.  Really haven't heard the press weigh in on Flowers after seeing him for 1 day.

Edited by Bulliever
remove attacks on others
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I've seen SoTampaBull posting on other sites, and he's not a player dad.  Look, I think even others closer to the program have noted that Flowers is raw, but everyone knows he is someone who can make an impact on the field.

Bullwinkle, I want Flowers to challenge for the QB job (raising to the best, not because others are horrible), but there's a reason why so many big time programs offered him scholarships...but NOT at QB.  Taggart either sees the potential, or connected with Flowers, perhaps offering him a legit shot at QB, with the understanding that if it didn't work out, he'd play WR/TE/RB or some other way to contribute. 

There's no point taking shots at other fans (I assure you, he is) trying to convey what they saw at practice. 

I'll say this in contrast to STB...it's far too early to know how long it could take for him to be a good D-1 QB.  Whether his natural mechanics are sound is debatable, but we can look at his highlight reel (as sub 50% completion rate in HS) and know he's not a typical QB.  But Taggart can work with him, polish him and add to his natural skill set.  There's hope.  But clearly he's a project, from what most have said.

DISCLOSURE:  I am not related to Flowers, Bullwinkle or STB.

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

What's more likely?

Ok, for those people, here you go: Flowers was fantastic today and should immediately be made the #1 QB.  I project that Flowers will be on the Heisman short-list after his freshman season.  

I hope some of you feel much better now? BTW, why don't you take your butts over to practice Saturday afternoon - don't forget your green & gold sunglasses and matching t-back panties - and then speak from knowledge for a change.  Geez, some of you here just suck beyond belief..... 

Or maybe option 3  , firmly embraced by those who know nothing about sports except a willingness to tear down this team and athletes.  i fondly refer to them as the Nancies. South Tampa, don't know what you're agenda is but you were trying to buttress your arguments with worldly sources who purportedly saw things as you saw them. Weak. If you want to quote someone we know or someone who has been vetted over time, feel free.l JTrue doesn't really pass muster on that front. Not real bright and certainly not a supporter of the team. Misery makes strange bedfellows. I'll prefer to stand alone behind our dedicated student athletes and our hard working Coach on this one.  Really haven't heard the press weigh in on Flowers after seeing him for 1 day. Must be part of their conspiracy to keep the bad news from us. <snort>

Bullwinkle, don't know much other than today's Tweets (a 30 yd scramble followed by throwing a telegraphed TD).  Knight & Odum Tweeted that, and Taggart spoke about Flowers being behind the older guys, in Knights report tonight. Again, not slamming Flowers, but speaking openly on the topic.

Here's the link, so you know we're all just sharing news & opinions, and most of us are die hards.  Again, I've chatted on forums with STB...he's a fan, for sure.

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bulls/

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

STOP ATTACKING EACH OTHER BECAUSE YOU DISAGREE WITH ANOTHER VIEWPOINT!

Not intended for you JupiterBull.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  12

So BW is a " putz" because he wanted attributed sources? Why tear the kid down at all? Doesn't seem logical for a "fan".