• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Flowers looking great...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

I then said no, he claims to be a USF backer. He said to me, how do you ever win anything with fans who think like that? I said, I guess you have a point. They still think BJ sucked.

You've wandered off the mental reservation again, BW :LoveFest:

I got a PM from someone asking me if you were just kidding with your reaction, but I had to say, "Nope...he's just a passionate dude and HATES negative sentiment and Bulls, present or potential.

I'm sure you read the Tweets and Knight story.  As Sanjay said, he's only a few months out of high school, and these are just early mechanics observations.  I think most would LOVE to see Flowers (or anyone) become the QB we need to win...but sharing opinions and observations should be welcome here (I'm pretty sure that WHY this forum exists).

3 weeks till kick off, boys...looking forward to seeing how good we are.

all the stupidity that flies about bad the Bulls are, I let slide. I just get chafed when some wannabe coach on a message board denigrates a young SA with language like

I don't think that I've ever seen a QB at this level - and with such a high recruit ranking - with such bad footwork, bad mechanics and poor arm strength as a QB.

call me crazy I guess. thank god, our coach, who makes a cool million/yr coaching, can see past what the bleacher experts think. The "reliable sources" obviously are "apparently" the final word though.

First, awesome new name.  Now, anytime you say anything, it's from a Reliable Source.

I don't think SoTampaBull meant it as harsh as it reads, honestly.  And, really , IMO, he didn't get the 4 stars as a QB prospect so much as an athlete (no shame in that).

I just checked Jeff O's Tweets today, and looks like Flowers looked pretty good today, but had miscues.  But...seems all QBs have.  I think the important thing is that and Wilson are getting reps. Sure would be good to have 3 serviceable or better QBs healthy all year.

We're all pulling for the same team.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

What's more likely?

1) A bunch of USF fans went to practice the past couple of days and are simply relaying what they've seen and heard or

2) a bunch of USF fans secretly hate the program and are coming here flat out lying about Flowers for no reason other than to spread false news AND the local media have decided they also don't like him so they're refusing to say anything positive about his efforts so far?

I do love a good CT!!

So, is this a "reliable source" in support of the observation that Evan Wilson is looking impressive?

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls ·4 mins
Taggart also singled out Sarasota walk-on QB @evanwilson27: "All he does is make plays constantly."

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

Good, now I hope one can play well and be consistent in the game.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

So, is this a "reliable source" in support of the observation that Evan Wilson is looking impressive?

Taggart also singled out Sarasota walk-on QB @evanwilson27: "All he does is make plays constantly."

A third and fourth Evan Wilson dad emerges...

Success has many fathers, but failure is an orphan.  Except Holtz...he's legit.

• Upvote 2

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Joey looks to young to have kid that old .....

And is the younger Eveld completely out of the qb picture now? He's still listed as on, I believe ...

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

And is the younger Eveld completely out of the qb picture now? He's still listed as on, I believe ...

He wasn't in a red jersey Saturday.

Or maybe he was...depends on my credibility.

• Topic Count:  93
  • Content Count:  3,048
  • Days Won:  6

Was reported a couple months ago that they were moving him to WR.  Not that he'll see much action there, but maybe just wanted to be able to participate in some drills rather than finding himself 5th string.

Was reported a couple months ago that they were moving him to WR.  Not that he'll see much action there, but maybe just wanted to be able to participate in some drills rather than finding himself 5th string.

ACL injury, too, if I recall.  If he sees the field in 2014, I'll be surprised...and we'll either be up by 30, or down by 30.