• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

First four game times announced

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

We wont be seeing any great exposure or prime time starts until we show improvement. We are lucky we are on TV at all right now.

That being said, anyone have any tips on bringing a little one to a 3:30pm game? He will be just about a year and a half. Don't want him to burn up out there in the heat. We've got the pop-up tent and will have him doused in kid safe sublock, not sure what else people do though...especially once inside the stadium. I'm thinking showing up really early to a tailgate is probably a bad idea with him needing to nap...

I don't know, I think we have some pretty good exposure right now. I mean, we're going to be on ESPN for a friday night game against UConn? And also Cincy (it was mentioned in the press release). I think that's good media exposure and if we win it will be better. 

• Topic Count:  43
  • Content Count:  3,899
  • Days Won:  8

We wont be seeing any great exposure or prime time starts until we show improvement. We are lucky we are on TV at all right now.

That being said, anyone have any tips on bringing a little one to a 3:30pm game? He will be just about a year and a half. Don't want him to burn up out there in the heat. We've got the pop-up tent and will have him doused in kid safe sublock, not sure what else people do though...especially once inside the stadium. I'm thinking showing up really early to a tailgate is probably a bad idea with him needing to nap...

Our son was about the same last year (his birthday is at the end of May) and the wife stayed at home with him for the early season day games. Waaaay too hot for a toddler. The only plus side of being as bad as we were last year was when we brought him to games later in the season, there was plenty of empty seats to climb around on if he got antsy. And we usually showed up for tailgating/the game after he had his nap.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

Here's my tip on bringing a kid that age to a game:

Don't do it.  You will not have much fun.

Just my :2cents:

:)

That would be an ideal situation...however my wife's parents will be going to the games and won't be able to watch him...and the wife would NOT be happy sitting at home with our little dude while the rest of the family has fun at the games. This one is either going to be I bring the wife and the lil man...or nobody goes unfortunately.

I don't know, I think we have some pretty good exposure right now. I mean, we're going to be on ESPN for a friday night game against UConn? And also Cincy (it was mentioned in the press release). I think that's good media exposure and if we win it will be better. 

Take a look at some of our other conference mates and their exposure, our's is terrible...as it should be after the seasons we've shown recently. I will agree though, if we win, you will see a drastic increase in exposure.

Our son was about the same last year (his birthday is at the end of May) and the wife stayed at home with him for the early season day games. Waaaay too hot for a toddler. The only plus side of being as bad as we were last year was when we brought him to games later in the season, there was plenty of empty seats to climb around on if he got antsy. And we usually showed up for tailgating/the game after he had his nap.

Yea..the more I'm hearing the more it's sounding like day games are a bad idea...and his bed time is 7pm..which doesnt bode well for night games either lol. Man...this is going to be tough.

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Hopefully your grandparents are willing to help entertain him, and all of you can share the responsibility so everyone can maximize their enjoyment.  Also, a babysitter is a good option too. 

Either way, best of luck.  I still haven't taken either of my kids yet (5 and 2) to a game yet. 

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

Here's my tip on bringing a kid that age to a game:

Don't do it.  You will not have much fun.

Just my :2cents:

:)

That would be an ideal situation...however my wife's parents will be going to the games and won't be able to watch him...and the wife would NOT be happy sitting at home with our little dude while the rest of the family has fun at the games. This one is either going to be I bring the wife and the lil man...or nobody goes unfortunately.

Take a look at some of our other conference mates and their exposure, our's is terrible...as it should be after the seasons we've shown recently. I will agree though, if we win, you will see a drastic increase in exposure.

Yea..the more I'm hearing the more it's sounding like day games are a bad idea...and his bed time is 7pm..which doesnt bode well for night games either lol. Man...this is going to be tough.

We have two prime time games on a Friday night on the premiere sports network in the country, and I wouldn't be shocked if our game against UCF gets in there as well. That's more than anyone ought to have a right to expect coming off a 2-10 season. This town will watch if we're winning, and don't forget, we will be the only show in town for most of the region. 

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

TV is TV....so glad Fios added the HD feed for CBSSN.  Watching that Nevada game a few years ago in standard def was no bueno.

I can't believe I survived growing up without HD.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,680
  • Days Won:  108

Hem, do you have club access?  If so, problem solved for during the game. Our daughter was inside with our grandson for most of the game.  If not, time to get everyone that goes with you to donate toward your Green Jacket level.  That is the way we had to do it the first couple of years.  Divided up the tickets and 1/2 the green jacket among our group.  We kicked in the other 1/2.  We do the whole donation thing now ourselves. 

As for the tailgate, it is hard to keep a little one underneath the canopy the entire time.  Make sure there is hat along with the sunscreen. Our little guy survived the games he went to.  But we had mostly noon or 7:00 pm starts.  Good luck.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,457
  • Days Won:  25

Hem, do you have club access?  If so, problem solved for during the game. Our daughter was inside with our grandson for most of the game.  If not, time to get everyone that goes with you to donate toward your Green Jacket level.  That is the way we had to do it the first couple of years.  Divided up the tickets and 1/2 the green jacket among our group.  We kicked in the other 1/2.  We do the whole donation thing now ourselves. 

As for the tailgate, it is hard to keep a little one underneath the canopy the entire time.  Make sure there is hat along with the sunscreen. Our little guy survived the games he went to.  But we had mostly noon or 7:00 pm starts.  Good luck.

Exactly what I was going to say. Also, bring a green towel, Bulls beach towel, or something similiar. Makes a great "tent'' between you and your wife.

• Content Count:  3,222
  • Days Won:  8

Tell ur wife she can tailgate only.

• Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

No club access as we are in the staff section (138) which is great because our seats are much cheaper, but I don't get that club access. Maybe it's time to re-evaluate. Especially with the little one now. Thanks for the tips guys