• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

Wow, what a bunch of quitters these guys are (Egbunu, Hawkins, etc.). No wonder we lost so many games last year. No character at all.

Good Riddance!

I was in favor of giving Heath one more year, but Coach Antigua better get busy or we will be fielding a team of walk ons next year.

What a disaster!

Well right now it can go one of two ways.  It could be a miserable disaster, or Antigua with all these freed up scholarships goes out and recruits his butt off and does a great total rebuild year one.   College Basketball isn't like Football, you can win with alot of Freshman right away if they are skilled.

problem is that its crazy late, no one left to sign for next year thats gonna be a one and done.

Pretty much this. Most of all the good players have already signed. Next year is going to be a disaster. I'm hopeful he stocks up on high 3 star/4 star talent the following class.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  6,948
  • Days Won:  12

Gee I wonder why. Adios.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

One step closer to the end of the ******* effect.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

Wow, what a bunch of quitters these guys are (Egbunu, Hawkins, etc.). No wonder we lost so many games last year. No character at all.

Good Riddance!

I was in favor of giving Heath one more year, but Coach Antigua better get busy or we will be fielding a team of walk ons next year.

What a disaster!

Well right now it can go one of two ways.  It could be a miserable disaster, or Antigua with all these freed up scholarships goes out and recruits his butt off and does a great total rebuild year one.   College Basketball isn't like Football, you can win with alot of Freshman right away if they are skilled.

problem is that its crazy late, no one left to sign for next year thats gonna be a one and done.

Pretty much this. Most of all the good players have already signed. Next year is going to be a disaster. I'm hopeful he stocks up on high 3 star/4 star talent the following class.

I still think there are some options for Antigua out there, he is just going to have to work really hard to bring in a couple of good players.  I was reading about how Angel Delgado is very close to Oliver Antigua and pretty much signed with Seton Hall just because he wanted him as a coach.  If he can get out of his L.O.I with Seton Hall that would be a great 4 star grab for USF.   They are also bringing in Marshall transfer Kareem Canty for a visit after he backed out from his Auburn commitment, so with the current state of affairs I am sure Antigua will make a hard push for him to come over.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

You are really going to quit on the Bulls because half the team was apparently a bunch of soft quitters.   I will keep supporting them but right now I feel more embarrassed for anyone that was supporting the Stan Heath regime.   After seeing how many and how fast these guys are quitting I think the decision to fire him was 100 percent justified, and I am excited to see what kind of USF BULLS that Antigua can bring in. 

Edited by USFDaveG
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

I think you're overreacting a tad bit. This is what happens when you change coaches.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315

You are really going to quit on the Bulls because half the team was apparently a bunch of soft quitters.   I will keep supporting them but right now I feel more embarrassed for anyone that was supporting the Stan Heath regime.   After seeing how many and how fast these guys are quitting I think the decision to fire him was 100 percent justified, and I am excited to see what kind of USF BULLS that Antigua can bring in. 

I'm not quitting on USF solely because of this - have you looked at the entirety of the program? It's an utter mess, led by a bunch of "learning on the job" coaches and administrators with little to no track record. Unlike some of you, perhaps, I don't see football making any great strides in 2014. Basketball - there aren't enough talented players left in the late signing period to make this team competitive next season. Baseball is getting ready to fire its coach and start over. We've been rebuilding for four years in football, three years in basketball and almost a decade in baseball - and there's more ahead.

Football has not been rebuilding for 4 years, it's been rebuilding for 1.   Holtz came in and had a good 1st year with CJL's team.  Then they went 5-7 with a bunch of close loses.  Then the team dive bombed his 3rd year.  Taggart in year 1 came in with a horrible football team and is in the process of rebuilding.  He just pulled in the best recruiting class in the AAC by far and the team in the second half of the season started to show that they were getting better.    They almost took out the AAC and Fiesta Bowl champions on the road, and gave Houston a really tough game when we were 20+ point underdogs.   And yes the AD, Football Coach, and Basketball coach are all young with short track records.  That doesn't mean they are going to fail, just like having coaches come in with a ton of prior success mean that they are going to succeed.   Doug Woulard had years and years under his belt and drove the department into the ground.  Skip Holtz had just won 2 C-USA titles and has the "Holtz" pedigree and was awful.   

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

So just curious. If you're a die harder since 1984, why did you wait until March, 2014 to become a member of TBP?

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,801
  • Days Won:  0

I think you're overreacting a tad bit. This is what happens when you change coaches.

Nah I think this is what happens after one year with a new coach.  SIx players which includes Mcclendon is a lot. He probably told them if your lazy your not going to play and you should look elsewhere. 

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

So just curious. If you're a die harder since 1984, why did you wait until March, 2014 to become a member of TBP?

I'm sure there are thousands of die hards not on TBP. Maybe he just found out about the MB recently.