• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

We can hear each other's opinions without getting personal, can't we?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,325
  • Content Count:  96,791
  • Days Won:  468

I have paid attention. I know who he is. You guys are barking up the wrong tree.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

You are really going to quit on the Bulls because half the team was apparently a bunch of soft quitters.   I will keep supporting them but right now I feel more embarrassed for anyone that was supporting the Stan Heath regime.   After seeing how many and how fast these guys are quitting I think the decision to fire him was 100 percent justified, and I am excited to see what kind of USF BULLS that Antigua can bring in. 

So just curious. If you're a die harder since 1984, why did you wait until March, 2014 to become a member of TBP?

You can ask Brad about my track record.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,042
  • Days Won:  10

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

I think you're overreacting a tad bit. This is what happens when you change coaches.

Nah I think this is what happens after one year with a new coach.  SIx players which includes Mcclendon is a lot. He probably told them if your lazy your not going to play and you should look elsewhere. 

Yea, Houston lost 2 four star players after their recent coaching change (maybe 1 was a 5 star, can't remember).

• Topic Count:  731
  • Content Count:  10,367
  • Days Won:  40

Was just asking. Seemed odd that a newbie was comparing USF to HCC. I'll go back to purgatory.

Found it interesting  that Heath effectively sat Egbunu the last half of the season. Maybe this was hjust the excuse he needed to go elsewhere.

Edited by Gagged

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

This one hurts.

• Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

We were last place doormat with Egbunu. . . . . . . as far as the standings go, it can't get worse now that Egbunu and others have left.

It can only get better.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Days Won:  7

This one is going to hurt. Egbunu might have been the most talented basketball player to ever come to USF. 

I wonder if the Roccaforte departure has anything to do with this? I recall a lot of players were basically pushing him for head coach. 

Get ready for a rough year unless we suddenly ball out in recruiting the next few weeks. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  45
  • Days Won:  0

For me, this is not just the usual fallout from a coaching change. This is another symptom in a continuing pattern of failures by the athletic department. You can blame Stan Heath, you can blame the kids, but the reality is the program is going back to square one AGAIN and, for me, under a coach that I have no confidence that he can get it done. I'm not saying he won't, I'm saying there's nothing that gives me confidence that better days are ahead. If you see it, you're just holding on to wishful thinking, because there is no track record to show it. The exact same thing goes for football. Being an assistant to John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh doesn't make you John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh. And you'll never see me bragging about recruiting class rankings. The only thing that matters is on-field performance. I don't want to argue with fellow Bulls. That's not my aim. I'm just a guy who - in the past - has been as close to the program as you can get. It's painful to see what's happening and I can't pour my heart and soul into it anymore. I did that for years. Again, Brad will vouch.