• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  2,213
  • Days Won:  3

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

You are really going to quit on the Bulls because half the team was apparently a bunch of soft quitters.   I will keep supporting them but right now I feel more embarrassed for anyone that was supporting the Stan Heath regime.   After seeing how many and how fast these guys are quitting I think the decision to fire him was 100 percent justified, and I am excited to see what kind of USF BULLS that Antigua can bring in. 

So just curious. If you're a die harder since 1984, why did you wait until March, 2014 to become a member of TBP?

He probably has a job.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

What a train wreck. USF athletics is a complete embarrassment. I've been a diehard, bleed green & golder since 1984 - NEVER been called fair-weather - but that's officially it for me. I'll check back in around 2018 and see if anything has improved with football, men's basketball and baseball. Anthony Collins will be next and the 2014-15 Bulls won't be competitive with Hillsborough Community College.

You are really going to quit on the Bulls because half the team was apparently a bunch of soft quitters. I will keep supporting them but right now I feel more embarrassed for anyone that was supporting the Stan Heath regime. After seeing how many and how fast these guys are quitting I think the decision to fire him was 100 percent justified, and I am excited to see what kind of USF BULLS that Antigua can bring in.

So just curious. If you're a die harder since 1984, why did you wait until March, 2014 to become a member of TBP?

He probably has a job.

Boom!

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

This is the ONLY transfer that hurts so far. If this is the extent of the fallout, I am pleased.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  315
  • Days Won:  3

For me, this is not just the usual fallout from a coaching change. This is another symptom in a continuing pattern of failures by the athletic department. You can blame Stan Heath, you can blame the kids, but the reality is the program is going back to square one AGAIN and, for me, under a coach that I have no confidence that he can get it done. I'm not saying he won't, I'm saying there's nothing that gives me confidence that better days are ahead. If you see it, you're just holding on to wishful thinking, because there is no track record to show it. The exact same thing goes for football. Being an assistant to John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh doesn't make you John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh. And you'll never see me bragging about recruiting class rankings. The only thing that matters is on-field performance. I don't want to argue with fellow Bulls. That's not my aim. I'm just a guy who - in the past - has been as close to the program as you can get. It's painful to see what's happening and I can't pour my heart and soul into it anymore. I did that for years. Again, Brad will vouch.

This program NEEDS to go back to square one though.  I guess I am just a little lost as to why you are upset that USF is doing a total reset after years of Stan Heath, Skip Holtz, and Doug Woulard.    And I hate to be this way but in football especially recruiting is everything.  Everything.   Skip Holtz during his time here had recruiting classes that were dead last and 2nd to last out of the entire conference.  Sure enough once those guys became our main starters, we came in last and were terrible.   Class of 2011 recruiting had Florida State #1 and Auburn #2....The 2014 Championship had those two teams in it.  I could go on and on, but it's been proven time and time again in College Football that recruiting leads to wins more times then not.    

I will agree with you that this program has been a trainwreck but it takes time to fix a trainwreck.  This isn't a broken down car that just needs a quick repair, it's a totaled car that needs to be completely scrapped and replaced.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,460
  • Days Won:  422

They are also bringing in Marshall transfer Kareem Canty for a visit after he backed out from his Auburn commitment,

This is why fan message boards are such a hoot. ******** and moaning about our guys quitting yet ready to embrace a player who also quit on his school ... Gotta love it.   :D

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

This sucks, but let's not overreact. Saying you're not going to watch USF anymore is a bit excessive. Let coach O recruit his type of players now. There's what, 5 open scholarships?

What do you really expect from this team next year? 

AC may leave too. If he does this forum is going to implode.

Edited by Pyotr

This is the ONLY transfer that hurts so far. If this is the extent of the fallout, I am pleased.

I think he's the one who hurts the worst but the others did,too, from a depth perspective ... except maybe Musa.

One disturbing thing I read in JJ's Trib article this morning is that AC graduates this Spring, which means he can go anywhere and play immediately ... No idea about being able to get that 5th year, though.

One step closer to the end of the ******* effect.

I give up ...

• Topic Count:  303
  • Content Count:  5,982
  • Days Won:  2

For me, this is not just the usual fallout from a coaching change. This is another symptom in a continuing pattern of failures by the athletic department. You can blame Stan Heath, you can blame the kids, but the reality is the program is going back to square one AGAIN and, for me, under a coach that I have no confidence that he can get it done. I'm not saying he won't, I'm saying there's nothing that gives me confidence that better days are ahead. If you see it, you're just holding on to wishful thinking, because there is no track record to show it. The exact same thing goes for football. Being an assistant to John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh doesn't make you John Calipari and Jim Harbaugh. And you'll never see me bragging about recruiting class rankings. The only thing that matters is on-field performance. I don't want to argue with fellow Bulls. That's not my aim. I'm just a guy who - in the past - has been as close to the program as you can get. It's painful to see what's happening and I can't pour my heart and soul into it anymore. I did that for years. Again, Brad will vouch.

Maybe I am holding on to wishful thinking like you say, but maybe I'm able to see what the new coaching staff is doing and it's all positive. I haven't seen anything about USF basketball that isn't positive since Antigua took over.

If you are in so much pain then maybe you should go see a doctor of try over the counter medicine.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Days Won:  1

This sucks, but let's not overreact. Saying you're not going to watch USF anymore is a bit excessive. Let coach O recruit his type of players now. There's what, 5 open scholarships?

What do you really expect from this team next year? 

AC may leave too. If he does this forum is going to implode.

Next season I don't expect much. we might only have 6 guys available at this rate but this might be a blessing in disguise since COA will have 1 year to work with his guys and should allow him to see what they need to recruit and have more than enough scholarships to bring in a monster class. As far as AC if he isn't 100% then I don't see where him leaving will be a killer for us and I also think Perry will leave now too. I guess you can say COA is torching the barn and killing the rats.