• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dwayne Lawson, QB, Hillsborough HS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

What a joke. I always bash people for secondguessing recruiting prospects, but with choices like these, it's like recruits go out of their way to not pay attention to what's best for themselves sometimes.

Is it possible VA Tech is best for him? Frank Beamer's track record is pretty solid. Not to mention, VA Tech is about 100 spots higher than we are academically.

Yeah I really don't think anyone should second guess this kid on here. We don't know him at all, and don't know what is best for him or his family.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

What a joke. I always bash people for secondguessing recruiting prospects, but with choices like these, it's like recruits go out of their way to not pay attention to what's best for themselves sometimes.

Lol what???

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,592
  • Days Won:  424

Lol what???

Looks like he's saying that Lawson and those closest to him don't know what's best for him ... 

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,516
  • Days Won:  0

So us on TBP know what's best for Lawson and his family?

Given what recruits have seen out of our program the last two years, especially a QB, with substantial offers like Lawson want to come here? Not trying to "bash" our program, but just being logical. The only thing we could have is early playing time which he is probably being told by a handful of other schools that are in much better shape as a program and P5 that want him. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Not surprised, considering he never scheduled an official visit with USF. Maybe between now and signing VPI will land another QB in their class causing Lawson to get skittish yet again. I'm thinking the chances of landing Lawson, at this point, are pretty low.

• 4 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Bump, since he seems to be in the conversation again.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I know Ray Ray has been around the USF program for the past few years, as he's been seen at games and such. Has Dwayne Lawson been around USF in a similar manner as Ray Ray? Historically, if a kid never followed through with an OV, I never really got my hopes up. Anyone familiar with any Lawson connections to USF that would possibly invalidate the no official = no commit theory?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Are kids limited to the number of OVs?  If they are, then someone familiar with the program may use his to see other places and not waste it on one at home.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Are kids limited to the number of OVs? If they are, then someone familiar with the program may use his to see other places and not waste it on one at home.

Rarely if ever does a young man commit without an OV

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  276
  • Days Won:  1

Didn't Nate Ferguson just commit without taking an OV?