• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Milwaukee and Madison booked

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

We're driving up, staying at the halfway point, Tullahoma, Tennessee, Thursday night. We'll come straight up through the center of Illinois, I57 to I74 to I39 and through Rockford then I90 to Madison. Should be there between 4 and 6 Friday night.

Edited by swamprat

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  980
  • Days Won:  2

We're driving up, staying at the halfway point, Tullahoma, Tennessee, Thursday night. We'll come straight up through the center of Illinois, I57 to I74 to I39 and through Rockford then I90 to Madison. Should be there between 4 and 6 Friday night.

Route looks perfect (I just drove it 2 weeks ago) but just to clarify for other drivers you don't normally drive "through" Rockford to get to Madison. Your really just taking the by-pass around the outside of Rockford. Not sure of the exact signage but from I-39 --> Route 20 East --> I-90 North to WI.   Don't make the mistake and head East on I-90 or you'll have a nice visit to Chicago.

If you want to see some of Rockford (for some odd reason :) or maybe just want a food/piss'r/stretch  break before getting onto I-90) just take Route 20 West and get off on the Rockford Alpine Rd exit, then follow Alpine Rd (North) to East State Street (the Dale Mabry of Rockford) take a right (East) and you will eventually come up to an on-ramp for I-90 North.   Fast food on Alpine Rd (BeefARoo (local version of Arby's) and Taco John's) and more chain restaurants on East State Street.  "The Stone Tavern Eagle", Culvers (I'd go here for a quick travel bite) and Lino's Pizza are all on E. State Street.

The cops were in the usual spots (tops of bridges shooting laser down and way up on on/off-ramps) in GA and were a little heavy in IL up until Rockford.  IL had lots of construction zones with reduced speed and LOTs of speed boxes that make your radar detector go off very often.  Careful on 39....State Troopers like to hide in the tall median grass especially when you start getting closer to Rockford.

Travel safe!

Edited by Bulls2k

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Just bought 2 tickets to the game. Might goto the Brewers game Sat night

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Has the USF game time been announced?  We'll probably stay in Madison Saturday night in any case.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653

Has the USF game time been announced?  We'll probably stay in Madison Saturday night in any case.

Not yet. I am guessing it's a Noon or 3:30 game since the Big 10 likes those times.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

Week 4 starts the 12-day and 6-day options for TV.  Most likely the game time won't be announced until Sept. 15th.  If I were a betting man, I would bet on an 11am ct time start.

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

Flights booked already(flying into Milwaukee) making that our base. Fly up Thursday home Monday. Milwaukee is About an hour from Madison (interstate)  Also within 2 hours or Chicago.   Planning on hitting Six Flags on Sunday (about 45 minutes south of Milwaukee)(great rides and still open on the weekends) https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica  Goliath  is a record breaking coaster that just opened.    Milwaukee has a great art museum, baseball,   nice restaurants and bars down on the great lake. 

Does anyone know if BULLS CLUB or any other USF tailgates are planned?

Also  does anyone know when we will get the actual ticket from USF?  Forgot the date when I requested tickets.   Wisconsin just put single game tickets on sale this week for those who didn't request thru USF or if USF runs out of the allotment.

Edited by Dhambuc

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  930
  • Days Won:  0

Ordered my tickets today, me and two others will be looking for tailgating and other pregame shenanigans.  Havent been to an away game in quite some time

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

Flights booked already(flying into Milwaukee) making that our base. Fly up Thursday home Monday. Milwaukee is About an hour from Madison (interstate)  Also within 2 hours or Chicago.   Planning on hitting Six Flags on Sunday (about 45 minutes south of Milwaukee)(great rides and still open on the weekends) https://www.sixflags.com/greatamerica  Goliath  is a record breaking coaster that just opened.    Milwaukee has a great art museum, baseball,   nice restaurants and bars down on the great lake. 

Does anyone know if BULLS CLUB or any other USF tailgates are planned?

Also  does anyone know when we will get the actual ticket from USF?  Forgot the date when I requested tickets.   Wisconsin just put single game tickets on sale this week for those who didn't request thru USF or if USF runs out of the allotment.

Last I heard from Eric is that there isn't anything official planned as far as a tailgate.  But ya' never know. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  477
  • Days Won:  0

We have reservations at a local B&B for three couples and tickets through a friend of friend of a friend in Madison (I know, I know).  Either a formal or informal USF get together Friday somewhere in Madison would be attractive to us.