• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Milwaukee and Madison booked

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

Here you would not have to miss any work (assuming a M-F schedule)

Depart TPA-MKE Wanna Get Away
Excellent Value
  • No Change Fees
    (applicable fare difference applies)
  • Reusable Funds
    (nontransferable - no name changes allowed)
  • Nonrefundable unless purchased with Points
1 Return MKE-TPA Wanna Get Away
Excellent Value
  • No Change Fees
    (applicable fare difference applies)
  • Reusable Funds
    (nontransferable - no name changes allowed)
  • Nonrefundable unless purchased with Points
Enroll in Rapid Rewards and earn at least 1318 Points per person for this trip. Already a Member? Log in to ensure you are getting the points you deserve.
Subtotal $262.00
You can't find this great fare on any other website. Southwest fares are only on Southwest.com.1st and 2nd Checked Bags Fly Free.Weight and size limits apply.Bag Charge$0.00

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

We are booked!!!  Flying up Tuesday and returning Sunday after game on the non stop at 9:30am. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  2,558
  • Days Won:  0

I may drive up from Columbus, will have to see how everything is going in the world as we get closer

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

We are booked!!!  Flying up Tuesday and returning Sunday after game on the non stop at 9:30am. 

We have the same return flight.

We have the same return flight.

Save up your Southwest free drink tickets :-)

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

Got the hotel booked, Hampton Downtown, but haven't decided on whether we will be flying or driving.

Lots of family along the way, especially around Louisville and Indianapolis. I'm also looking at making the South Carolina/Kentucky game in Lexington the following weekend, on the way home.

We've been talking about going to Notre Dame at Florida State on October 18, when USF is at Tulsa, and we will definitely be attending the Cincinnati game up there.

After the Houston game, we will have attended 11 football games in as many weeks.

If this works out, I should be either broke or dead by then.

Edited by swamprat
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

Got the hotel booked, Hampton Downtown, but haven't decided on whether we will be flying or driving.

Lots of family along the way, especially around Louisville and Indianapolis. I'm also looking at making the South Carolina/Kentucky game in Lexington the following weekend, on the way home.

We've been talking about going to Notre Dame at Florida State on October 18, when USF is at Tulsa, and we will definitely be attending the Cincinnati game up there.

After the Houston game, we will have been attended 11 football games in as many weeks.

If this works out, I should be either broke or dead by then.

Let's hope the team you're cheering for wins all those games!

• Topic Count:  165
  • Content Count:  2,233
  • Days Won:  6

There are multiple cities within a hour or  few hours drive of Madison:

You can fly into Madison,

Milwaukee is just over and hour (one interstate, straight shot).  Most airlines. Right on the Great Lake, Beautiful city, lots to do and see. lots of hotels

Rockford Ill is just over an hour away ( its due south of Madison)  Flights from St Pete Clw are pretty cheap flights

Chicago is  under 2 hours depending on traffic, every airline. Multiple airports as well.  Lots of stuff to do, Hotels everywhere, Nightlife ect...

Madison has Lots to do and see in the area,  If you like the outdoors than you will enjoy the city, Cpl of lakes downtown (not far from campus and capital of Wisconsin) Great fishing, boating ect... The city has  or used to have a bar or pub on almost every corner( at least it did when I was there years ago) , friendly people,  progressive city , Weather should b nice as well since its early in the FB season.

Wisconsin Dells is pretty close as well  Lots to do and see there. Its only about   an hour or so away    http://www.wisdells.com/  

Thanks Dhambuc.  Will do some research based on your suggestions. Driven through the Dells area years ago but had no idea what it is/was.  Will check out your link.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa on Lake Geneva is a very nice place to stay. I think it is an hour or less from Madison. Last time I stayed there it was the Americana Hotel. The first time I was there, it was the Playboy Club.

The Milwaukee Museum of Art is an amazing place.

Brewery tours are always great.

South Milwaukee still has more bars per capita than any city in the nation, one on every street corner. You'll run into every type of pub and bar imaginable.

There used to be a bar at the Hwy. 100 exit on I-94, that had the best polish sausage sandwich I've ever had.

I don't know what Milwaukee does with the Summer Fest grounds on the lakefront that late in the season, but used to be a festival every weekend out there all summer.

There used to be an historical plaque at the welcome center on I-94 as you enter Wisconsin from Illinois. It said, "The people of Wisconsin drink one third of all beer brewed in the United States."

Some of the friendliest people I've met, are the people of Wisconsin. I lived in Milwaukee for 3 years. Still one of my favorite places on earth.

Edited by swamprat