• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Milwaukee and Madison booked

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  386
  • Days Won:  0

The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa on Lake Geneva is a very nice place to stay. I think it is an hour or less from Madison. Last time I stayed there it was the Americana Hotel. The first time I was there, it was the Playboy Club.

The Milwaukee Museum of Art is an amazing place.

Brewery tours are always great.

South Milwaukee still has more bars per capita than any city in the nation, one on every street corner. You'll run into every type of pub and bar imaginable.

There used to be a bar at the Hwy. 100 exit on I-94, that had the best polish sausage sandwich I've ever had.

I don't know what Milwaukee does with the Summer Fest grounds on the lakefront that late in the season, but used to be a festival every weekend out there all summer.

There used to be an historical plaque at the welcome center on I-94 as you enter Wisconsin from Illinois. It said, "The people of Wisconsin drink one third of all beer brewed in the United States."

Some of the friendliest people I've met, are the people of Wisconsin. I lived in Milwaukee for 3 years. Still one of my favorite places on earth.

Wisconsin people are very friendly and helpful. I spent the first 26 years of my life in Milwaukee and miss it every once in a while. I love to go back and visit every now and then but I don't ever think I could life there again, Tampa Bay is just too beautiful. I really miss the food though.

If you're planning on going to a strip club I highly recommend spending your money on beer instead. The women in Tampa > women in Milwaukee, it's not even close. 

Avoid Milwaukee's north side. You'll never make it out alive. 

If you have the time do a brewery tour. You can sample many different types of beer and get trashed for fairly cheap.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

The Grand Geneva Resort and Spa on Lake Geneva is a very nice place to stay. I think it is an hour or less from Madison. Last time I stayed there it was the Americana Hotel. The first time I was there, it was the Playboy Club.

The Milwaukee Museum of Art is an amazing place.

Brewery tours are always great.

South Milwaukee still has more bars per capita than any city in the nation, one on every street corner. You'll run into every type of pub and bar imaginable.

There used to be a bar at the Hwy. 100 exit on I-94, that had the best polish sausage sandwich I've ever had.

I don't know what Milwaukee does with the Summer Fest grounds on the lakefront that late in the season, but used to be a festival every weekend out there all summer.

There used to be an historical plaque at the welcome center on I-94 as you enter Wisconsin from Illinois. It said, "The people of Wisconsin drink one third of all beer brewed in the United States."

Some of the friendliest people I've met, are the people of Wisconsin. I lived in Milwaukee for 3 years. Still one of my favorite places on earth.

Wisconsin people are very friendly and helpful. I spent the first 26 years of my life in Milwaukee and miss it every once in a while. I love to go back and visit every now and then but I don't ever think I could life there again, Tampa Bay is just too beautiful. I really miss the food though.

If you're planning on going to a strip club I highly recommend spending your money on beer instead. The women in Tampa > women in Milwaukee, it's not even close. 

Avoid Milwaukee's north side. You'll never make it out alive. 

If you have the time do a brewery tour. You can sample many different types of beer and get trashed for fairly cheap.

Got it! Thanks.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

I went back for a friend's funer... I mean ... wedding a while back. I could not live there anymore, either.

Before I got transferred to Oak Creek, I worked just off North Port Washington, at the old Delco Electronics facility, third shift no less. Never had a problem.

That area isn't bad. I'm referring to the area just west of I-43. Next time you're up there spend some time at 15th and North Ave. at night. Unless things have considerably changed since I moved away, you'll find yourself in a world of trouble.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,685
  • Days Won:  108

For the young and young at heart, saw an article about best college bars in the country.  Madison had Kollege Klub http://www.delish.com/food-fun/best-college-bars#slide-10

Edit:  Of course UCF had #2 on the list.  GDMFs

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  1,304
  • Days Won:  2

I'll be driving up from Chicago.

One place to check out would be Milwaukee's spy themed bar "The Safehouse."

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  153
  • Content Count:  3,034
  • Days Won:  5

That area isn't bad. I'm referring to the area just west of I-43. Next time you're up there spend some time at 15th and North Ave. at night. Unless things have considerably changed since I moved away, you'll find yourself in a world of trouble.

I-43 didn't exist when I lived in Milwaukee. 794 still shot out over Lake Michigan. I guess I should point out that I moved to Florida in 1982. Crap that was 30+ years ago!! I've been back several times, but have not gone downtown since then.

A bit of trivia. The scene at the end of The Blues Brothers with the Pinto launching off the road was shot right there on I-794 in Milwaukee. You can see the 1st Wisconsin building in the background.

Edited by swamprat

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,901
  • Days Won:  33

Just reserved my flight. Looking into hotels now.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,461
  • Days Won:  25

Lakefront Brewery

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/tour

We're flying into Milwaukee around 2:30 or so on Thursday. Each tour will presell tickets ($7.00) for 30 people.

With that $7 you get a souvenir glass and four six ounce pours of their beer and a coupon for a beer at another bar outside the brewery.

We're planning on the six o'clock tour.

Maybe we could get a large group of BULLS to all tour together?

Lakefront Brewery

http://www.lakefrontbrewery.com/tour

We're flying into Milwaukee around 2:30 or so on Thursday. Each tour will presell tickets ($7.00) for 30 people.

With that $7 you get a souvenir glass and four six ounce pours of their beer and a coupon for a beer at another bar outside the brewery.

We're planning on the six o'clock tour.

Maybe we could get a large group of BULLS to all tour together?

I've done the Lakefront Brewery tour a few times and really enjoyed it. If I decide to make the trip you can count me in.