• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DC Chuck Bresnahan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

For as much work people say is needed with this defense, do you know they held 5 teams under 300 yds offense so far including the last 3. That's pretty impressive

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

I have been impressed with him. If only our offense was able stay on the field longer especially earlier in the season out stats and possibly production would be better since they wouldn't be as fatigued.

• Topic Count:  78
  • Content Count:  1,978
  • Days Won:  7

I was impressed by the secondary last night. I have seen UCF light some teams up. Coverage was tight yesterday save a few plays.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

I was impressed by the secondary last night. I have seen UCF light some teams up. Coverage was tight yesterday save a few plays.

I think the secondary is the most improved unit on the team.  Last year it seems like we were getting torched by just about everybody.  They've given up a few big plays here and there, but overall they've played well.

All of this while 4 true freshman and a redshirt freshman are getting extensive playing time.

There was a quote in the Tribune this morning from Brandon Salinas saying how he impressed he is with the athleticism of the true freshmen DBs and how he wishes he was athletic as they are.  It goes to show what improved athleticism can do to improve performance on the field.  Next year expect to see improvement in WR and hopefully RB.

Kudos to Ron Cooper and Chuck B. 

• Topic Count:  103
  • Content Count:  5,241
  • Days Won:  0

Defense has done outstanding when you consider how bad our offense is. Would have loved to have seen this D with an offense that was actually an offense.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Need to give extensions to DC and secondary coach. They have helped our team show improvement.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

Need to give extensions to DC and secondary coach. They have helped our team show improvement.

This

I would like to see this program keep coaches and reward them with raises when they produce.

Our wr coach might need replacing though..

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

I'd certainly hold off on extending anyone who even remotely works with the offense.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

Coordinators are almost always on one year contracts, aren't they?  I know we had that boneheaded extension to the DC last year but that is extremely unusual isn't it?

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Coordinators are almost always on one year contracts, aren't they? I know we had that boneheaded extension to the DC last year but that is extremely unusual isn't it?

Yes