• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

DC Chuck Bresnahan

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not completely sold on the guy, but the D has steadily been moving up. Walt Wells has more to be worried about.

Dude, CWT is the offensive coordinator and calls the plays.  Anything wrong with the offense falls on CWT.

Which begs the question, why do we even have an offensive coordinator?

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

I'm not completely sold on the guy, but the D has steadily been moving up. Walt Wells has more to be worried about.

Dude, CWT is the offensive coordinator and calls the plays.  Anything wrong with the offense falls on CWT.

To give him a higher salary than the other assistants.

For the same reason some teams have an OC, a DC, an Assistant Head Coach that also coaches LBs and an Associate Head Coach that also coaches the OLine.

Fancy title = money = better chance of keeping the assistant from moving to another school.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

To give him a higher salary than the other assistants.

For the same reason some teams have an OC, a DC, an Assistant Head Coach that also coaches LBs and an Associate Head Coach that also coaches the OLine.

Fancy title = money = better chance of keeping the assistant from moving to another school.

Yes, dude, I understand -- I was just lazy & didn't want to spell it out. Point is, if you're going to chop Chuck for a D that shows up better than the O, you'd be better off just choosing the OC as the fall guy for this season. No one needs to lose their job for this year, but in your list of reasons to have someone designated OC, you missed the whole reason for my post--having a fall guy. Plus, Walt is the OL coach so just that alone would be more to worry about than our D.

Edited by raptorcj

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  725
  • Days Won:  0

Does no one remember last year when tou just knew the D was not going to stop anyone? It would be 3rd and 15 and you just knew the other team would convert. Now the D keeps this team has pretty much kept us in every game. I would say they even won two for us. So I just don't see what the issue is with Chuck.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

No fall guys this year; this was a culture change.

It's not about the bus, it's about USF. Let Willie T earn his horns, let the players earn theirs, and keep only those who want to be here....

Keep the faith

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  3,685
  • Days Won:  14

It's not about the bus, it's about USF. Let Willie T earn his horns, let the players earn theirs, and keep only those who want to be here....

Keep the faith

+1. Well put.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  470
  • Days Won:  0

Keep the faith

+1. Well put.

Agreed. Quality post. Summarizes my own thoughts. 

• Topic Count:  263
  • Content Count:  24,750
  • Days Won:  87

Does no one remember last year when tou just knew the D was not going to stop anyone? It would be 3rd and 15 and you just knew the other team would convert. Now the D keeps this team has pretty much kept us in every game. I would say they even won two for us. So I just don't see what the issue is with Chuck.

I remember that. You're supposed to be excited sandpit your D getting a 3rd and 15, but not USF fans. I think the young guys that have taken over are talented and will continue to get better.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I remember that. You're supposed to be excited sandpit your D getting a 3rd and 15, but not USF fans. I think the young guys that have taken over are talented and will continue to get better.

That was the worst part about last season.