• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Two issues: aaron lynch and section 122

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

I've said in the past that I don't boo college kids, either our team or visitors.  But last night, after the 3rd offsides, I turned to my friend next to me and told that if I ever were to boo a kid this would be the time.  That has to be about 10 of those penalties this year, maybe more, on him.  Going from 3rd and 7 to 3rd and 2 makes such a difference. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,667
  • Days Won:  424

Someone should tell him, that if you are going to attack someone personally you do it on-line from your living room and never person. Rookie.

Very nice ...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  4,259
  • Days Won:  3

Someone should tell him, that if you are going to attack someone personally you do it on-line from your living room and never person. Rookie.

Very nice ...

Just spit up on myself, I must have missed brybull1970's post.  Hilarious!!

• Topic Count:  196
  • Content Count:  6,615
  • Days Won:  51

I was very close to what went down tonight in this section. The fans were yelling for Lynch to get off the field, not for underperforming but because of his 3 offsides penalties in the game. The frustration was over his lack of discipline more so than underperforming. Yes, Lynch has not lived up to the hype, but he continues to jump offsides every week and is hurting this team with his play.

Had Lynch never reacted to the comments, this would be a non-issue and the fans would have stopped their shouting. I believe fans have the right to voice their opinions - especially when they are season ticket holders year after year. What blows my mind is that he allowed this to get to him. I have watched thousands of games and never seen a player react like he did. His actions goaded the fans to keep yelling at him. You would think that a football player, especially at that position, would be mentally tough enough to just ignore comments from the stands.

Lynch's mother coming over is another discussion altogether. She came from across the stadium to confront the fans and protect her son. Seems like a very over-the-top thing to do in this situation.

Dude, there's only a few thousand fans at the game, you can hear everything. On TV I could hear individual fans yelling at White to snap the ball because the play lock was running down. Normally you can't hear an individual because all the other screaming fans drown them out.

Edited by Sellular1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

I was very close to what went down tonight in this section. The fans were yelling for Lynch to get off the field, not for underperforming but because of his 3 offsides penalties in the game. The frustration was over his lack of discipline more so than underperforming. Yes, Lynch has not lived up to the hype, but he continues to jump offsides every week and is hurting this team with his play.

Had Lynch never reacted to the comments, this would be a non-issue and the fans would have stopped their shouting. I believe fans have the right to voice their opinions - especially when they are season ticket holders year after year. What blows my mind is that he allowed this to get to him. I have watched thousands of games and never seen a player react like he did. His actions goaded the fans to keep yelling at him. You would think that a football player, especially at that position, would be mentally tough enough to just ignore comments from the stands.

Lynch's mother coming over is another discussion altogether. She came from across the stadium to confront the fans and protect her son. Seems like a very over-the-top thing to do in this situation.

There is no defense for the classless behavior my the tool in the white hat. It's a college kid playing a game. It's one thing to yell about the team or the coaching or the refs. Yelling directly at a college kid who is playing hard (though frustratingly undisciplined) is across the line.

There's a big difference between yelling or booing a college athlete over a paid coach, ref, etc. An NFL player is fair game in my eyes. A college player is not.

Everyone's a tough guy trying to fight when he's on the field, I doubt that punk would be going up to his face and try to fight him. I don't blame Lynch's mother at all, if it were my kids that were being screamed at like that I would've knocked that punk out.

Agreed.

This idea that because you are an ***clown that has a ticket somehow gives you the right to verbally attack a college football player is ridiculous.  Those guys aren't fans.  They are not owed anything.  Yes they have a ticket.  They can decide whether to keep the ticket or whether to go or not.  Kicking a guy or a team while it's down is not a ticketholder "right".  No class.  They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  622
  • Days Won:  0

Also of note... The recruits sit in section 121. The kids all saw this going on.

Bayes, Brown, Porter, Fullwood, Black, Galati... The only excitement they experienced all night was in the stands.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,330
  • Content Count:  97,047
  • Days Won:  469

That experience would be hard for a future recruit to see and still consider coming to USF.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Fans are at their wits ends.  It's hard to sit there and watch this garbage happily.

Hot garbage.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

Lynch needs to be moved to LB.  

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Ya all the recruits were

Right there to the left. Saw and heard all of it.