• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mike White Stats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

So many people quick to hail him as the king after one game vs a terrible pass defense.....

UCF fans are right, we have some delusional people on here...

Until the kid proves it week in and week out and against much better defenses than Houston, keep your expectations low and stop foaming out the mouth.

He'll be good ......but this is one game, with no pass rush, no pressure from the edge...against a D  that the D coordinator had no confidence in his secondary playing 1 on 1. Thus he brought no pressure. White is very good, but lets see how he does after getting punched in the mouth, after a 300 pound D lineman pounds him. 

He has a way to go to be better than 2 previous USF fine QB's. He is talented, but I think expectations could be tempered a bit, not the excitement, but expectations. See you on Turkey day.

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

Great stats for his start. Honoring for a long career and continued developements into a star from white.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  2,653
  • Days Won:  2

He should do well with more practice time and preparation fur next game. Need to reduce those penalties. He may not have fad that INT if we scored if you are projecting stats

Edited by mikemcp88

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

So many people quick to hail him as the king after one game vs a terrible pass defense.....

UCF fans are right, we have some delusional people on here...

Until the kid proves it week in and week out and against much better defenses than Houston, keep your expectations low and stop foaming out the mouth.

Well, he proved it his first week and that is all one can ask for so far.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  2,123

I think both sides of this debate have solid points.  I think we all should be cautiously optimistic - I know I am.

This could be his high water mark (like Eveld at Miami) but I thoughy I saw a bit more.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Deters has a point but he's also the president of the Steven Bench fan club. Either way I think people are just overly excited to see something besides the abysmal quarterback play we've seen since BJ went down. There will be growing pains along the road that's for sure.

Edited by Bull Dozer

• Topic Count:  571
  • Content Count:  2,816
  • Days Won:  15

This was the TD that sold me, in addition to the rest of his throws in the game. By the way, he had another TD. We all know about that call. Anyway, that makes his debut a solid performance.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9910054

This one was nice also. But it was a normal TD.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9909785

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

You guys do realize that he had only a few days to prepare for this game. And one thing is for certain, he is the BEST QB we have right now. 

Amen.  It's ok to be a bit giddy over his performance, given what we saw up till that game.

Seeing people say Houston's D sucks is stupid. They lead the nation in takeaways, so they can't be that bad.

True, we need to see more, but his starting debut was the best ever (passing wise...BJ still has the best, beating FSU).  But we see the raw talent.  Touch, poise looking downfield, and accuracy.  Some mistakes, for sure, that he'll iron out over time.

No one's gushing, but there IS reason to be optimistic...and no reason for some to bust a nut to temper that enthusiasm.

Houston has a terrible pass defense and a below average defense in general all while playing poor teams up to this point. Look at their schedule and the stats bad teams put up on them.

White did good, but he wasn't playing anywhere close to the defensive competition our other QB's faced.

Edited by deters-

• Topic Count:  576
  • Content Count:  8,174

I want to see him under duress. Houston couldn't get to him.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

Deters has a point but he's also the president of the Steven Bench fan club. Either way I think people are just overly excited to see something besides the abysmal quarterback play we've seen since BJ went down. There will be growing pains along the road that's for sure.

I am a fan of Bench, but White played good and if it continues he should start the rest of the season. However, Houston is just downright bad against the pass and White face very little pressure all game. I'm willing to bet Bench or Eveld could of had a halfway decent to good game against them.