Mike White Stats

BULLZ

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

Deters has a point but he's also the president of the Steven Bench fan club. Either way I think people are just overly excited to see something besides the abysmal quarterback play we've seen since BJ went down. There will be growing pains along the road that's for sure.

I am a fan of Bench, but White played good and if it continues he should start the rest of the season. However, Houston is just downright bad against the pass and White face very little pressure all game. I'm willing to bet Bench or Eveld could of had a halfway decent to good game against them.

Didn't those guys have chances against lesser teams? All I know is that I saw the best qb play this year by far. It was the first time since ND 2011 that I was this excited or optimistic after a game. Bad pass defense or not, this kid made the offense look like an actual offense....the following are just my assumptions : Eveld and Bench presumably got the lions share of reps with the 1st team offense up until this week. Did you at any time see improvement in those guys that made you feel comfortable with either one of them leading the offense? This kid gets FOUR days of practice to work with the 1st team offense and get the primary focus of the coaching staff....and he promptly goes out and throws for 311 yds...2 tds...and completes over 50% of his passes....AS A TRUE FRESHMAN.....He didn't just make the QB position look better...he made 10 other guys on the field with him look better...they fed off his success.

not sure if serious....

Eveld and Bench played against Michigan State, Miami, Louisville and Cincy. They faced 4 Top 20 defenses, 3 of which are in the Top 5. Houston is #88 in total defense. Yea they have a nice record but look who they have beaten and played. Nobody.

White played well and I'm excited that he did, but stop fooling yourself like its some impressive feat because it was against a terrible pass defense who could hardly get any pressure on the kid. White will get his chance vs two Top 25 defenses in Memphis and UCF. If he continues to play well the rest of the season, he is gonna be a keeper. Until then everyone needs to stop slobbing on his knob.

Should have clarified "lesser teams" as McNeese St...FAU...UCONN

Don't think I'm fooling myself just stating that he played the position better than anyone else on the roster has this season regardless of competition. Also don't you think that his play rubbed off on the receivers just a little because they looked better than they have all year as well. I'm not saying this kid is the Messiah or anything, but it was a lot more fun watching the offense on Thursday night...and I do think his play was impressive. The kid started 1 year if HS football then came in as a true freshman and looked like he had more control and command of the offense than 5th year, 3rd year, and 2nd year QB's who played before him. He is going to have ups and downs if course but at least he gets the **** ball to the receivers

This sums up the main point perfectly.  You could argue a lot of things, but this is irrefutable.  Most can agree that Floyd & Eveld are not starting QBs.  Bench was clearly better, but fighting an injury that clearly afffected him v Lville.  White showed poise, accuracy and arm strength...and plenty of room to improve, especially with running the offense (which will result is a severe drop in those penalties).  More reps with the 1s, and adding to game time experience, will only help.

Hopefully the line continues to give him time, as surely Ds will blitz him more, and not let him pick apart their D in the air.  At least we have hope behind center (and, hey...no muffed snaps!). Can't wait till the Memphis game.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

I like Bench and we need him to continue to improve and yes he had to face some tough opponents but he also faced FAU. We shall see how White plays rest of the season but you are blind if you couldn't see that he was putting the balls right on the receivers hands and throwing before they were even open something that neither a Bench nor Eveld were capable of doing. The kid still has lots to learn and how he will react when he is banged up its up to question but from a pure passer stand point is not even close.

• Topic Count:  296
  • Content Count:  6,932
  • Days Won:  22

We will find out more after next game vs Memphis. Their defense has given trouble to both the UH and UCF QBs

• Topic Count:  9,900
  • Content Count:  66,125
  • Days Won:  172

311 passing yards

2 TDs 1 INT

63.4% completion rate

ESPN QBR 138.3

Credit that GARBAGE Pass Interference call to his stats and the WR dropping passes and you're looking at:

370+ passing yards

3 TDs 1 INT

70+ % completion rate

ALL IN HIS FIRST GAME AS A TRUE FRESHMAN..... LADIES AND GENTLEMAN......We may have found somebody truly special.

0-1 is all i care about

• Topic Count:  2,401
  • Content Count:  21,566
  • Days Won:  10

I want to see him under duress. Houston couldn't get to him.

What, they had 3 sacks, that I can remember. 

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  3,749
  • Days Won:  3

I want to see him under duress. Houston couldn't get to him.

What, they had 3 sacks, that I can remember. 

2 of those sacks were halfway through the 4th quarter. He went nearly untouched for 50 minutes of the game. Guys jersey barely got dirty. Once they got to him though he started making mistakes. I can assure you the other teams with better defenses will put the heat on him and get in his face a lot more than Houston. Hopefully he fares well under more duress.