• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Players on Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738
  • Days Won:  1

I love that when a coach leaves someone in that's not producing, he has his head up his ass, but when he replaces them with someone he thinks can help, it smacks of desperation.  The bottom line if the offense is not producing with the players that are in there.

Amen brother.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Not the same situation, but it reminds me of when Skippy switched Terrence Mitchell to WR. I never liked that move...of course, he made a habit of moving guys around. Don't think that's what CWT has in mind.

Aside from Mitchell, who else did he move around? Lindsey Lamar?

Lamar was the main other guy I had in mind, but also Eppes, Miller, Landi, Marc I think. And I'm probably forgetting a few. But Mitchell and Lamar were the two biggies that Holtz wasted away that way.

Remeber when Landi and Daniels both looked very good at QB, almost to the point of questioning which was really better? Remember when Leavitt was criticized for not having another QB on the roster (Daniels, Landi, and Carnes would have been pretty solid IMHO)... how much better would we have been after the Daniels injury last year if Landi was in there at QB? I'd venture to say A LOT better. I understand getting him on the field, but, his QB reps shouldn't have been reduced to zero, he actually looked like a decent QB in the times that I saw him play, Landi as a sophomore QB would be the clear starter here today, no doubt about it.

Marc was always going to move. Eppes and Miller weren't BCS talent, Skip used them because he couldn't recruit anyone better (or in Miller's case, it was political). The T-Rex move was stupid. Lamar was a solid RB, not a good WR.

All that is wonderful.  But when discussing Lamar and TRex keep in mind that Skip inherited a team with two or three healthy scholarship WRs.  Kind of hard to fault him for moving guys to a position completely bereft of talent.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  344
  • Days Won:  1

I like it.  If a guy can play the position better than someone else and still has the stamina to play his position, put him in on both sides of the ball.  And if you are deep enough defensively, put him in at another position.  It isn't always a desperate move, some great teams in the last decade have put guys in on both sides of the ball or switched them to cover holes and still came out looking good at the end of the year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,008
  • Days Won:  12

Lets try mike first. THEN try moving players. Thats my executive coaching decision.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

If he scores in garbage time, is he going to taunt the opposition?

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I thought Eveld was Big Bird with the way he runs. Alright, alright people, it's only a joke...

More like C-3PO.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  4,663
  • Days Won:  21

When Lamar Robbins was recruited, he announced on NSD that he'd get an chance to play on both sides of the ball at USF. This isn't desperation, CWT had planned to try him on offense from the get go. I'm sure he didn't want to this year, just like he probably didn't want to waste White's redshirt....but the level of suck this team is showing right now requires it. Just like playing all the other true freshman we have on the field.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Hey, we've been giving guys on offense the chance to go out there and make some tackles all season, so, why not give the defense a chance to make plays on the offensive side?

One thing that troubles me though... don't we drop every sure interception that hits a DB in the chest? Are they suddenly going to have better hands by switching to the other side of the LOS?

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501
  • Days Won:  0

So we got Dion Sanders on the team ?   I missed that signing.  Good luck is all I can say.