• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Defensive Players on Offense

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  87
  • Days Won:  0

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom 9h

Taggart said he is exploring playing some players on both sides of the ball. "We're looking for answers ... a lot of season left."

Jeff Odom â€@ByJeffOdom 9h

Going back to the tweet about playing guys on both sides of the ball, Taggart said he has guys in mind, but won't name them.

Joey Knight â€@TBTimes_Bulls 9h

Taggart reaffirms he may seek some defensive guys to go both ways to spark offense. Wouldn't name names. #USF

I think this shows how bad Taggart thinks the talent is on offense. I wonder who he has in mind?

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Thought this was going to be a thread about what players on Houston's defense are going to score TDs against our offense.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  636
  • Days Won:  0

Lamar Robbins comes to mind....

If I can recall correctly, Robbins committed with the intent on playing both WR/DB. 

Also, with all these red shirt burns, when will we unleash The Big Bird??

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

I thought Eveld was Big Bird with the way he runs. Alright, alright people, it's only a joke...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Not the same situation, but it reminds me of when Skippy switched Terrence Mitchell to WR. I never liked that move...of course, he made a habit of moving guys around. Don't think that's what CWT has in mind.

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

Cwt is not satisfied, have to love the fire

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Not the same situation, but it reminds me of when Skippy switched Terrence Mitchell to WR. I never liked that move...of course, he made a habit of moving guys around. Don't think that's what CWT has in mind.

Aside from Mitchell, who else did he move around? Lindsey Lamar?

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  8,159
  • Days Won:  8

Lamar was the main other guy I had in mind, but also Eppes, Miller, Landi, Marc I think. And I'm probably forgetting a few. But Mitchell and Lamar were the two biggies that Holtz wasted away that way.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

wow

we must look really bad in practice

this is drastic at this stage of the season

again i dont think it is fair to switch sides of the ball without extensive practice

talk about putting kids in a position to fail!!!

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

Lamar was the main other guy I had in mind, but also Eppes, Miller, Landi, Marc I think. And I'm probably forgetting a few. But Mitchell and Lamar were the two biggies that Holtz wasted away that way.

Remeber when Landi and Daniels both looked very good at QB, almost to the point of questioning which was really better? Remember when Leavitt was criticized for not having another QB on the roster (Daniels, Landi, and Carnes would have been pretty solid IMHO)... how much better would we have been after the Daniels injury last year if Landi was in there at QB? I'd venture to say A LOT better. I understand getting him on the field, but, his QB reps shouldn't have been reduced to zero, he actually looked like a decent QB in the times that I saw him play, Landi as a sophomore QB would be the clear starter here today, no doubt about it.

Marc was always going to move. Eppes and Miller weren't BCS talent, Skip used them because he couldn't recruit anyone better (or in Miller's case, it was political). The T-Rex move was stupid. Lamar was a solid RB, not a good WR.